Hubitat Garage Door control for Chamberlain MyQ enabled systems

The first 15 lines of the driver bear that out.
/*

• Zooz Garage Door v1.0.1 (Drivers Code)
  • Changelog:
  • 1.0.1 (05/09/2020)
  •  - Added Import Url

• 1.0 (04/11/2020)
  •  - Initial Release

• Copyright 2020 Zooz
1 Like

Good catch!

Also recently "upgraded" my garage door opener, only to find out about Security 2.0.

Luckily this opener attachment from Garadgnet was shipped fast.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am still not sure how you connect Garadget dry contact adapter between wall panel and Zoom Zen16. Can you please provide a diagram?

Thanks in advance

Connect the dry contact side to the relay on the zen-16, connect the security 2.0 wires to the contacts on back of the garage door opener. Depending on where you mount things you may need to splice on wiring. Use 16 or 18 gauge wire.

1 Like

Perhaps this diagram can help. Connect Garadget Red wire to existing MyQ opener's red wire. White to White. The Garadget has two more "speaker" wires (clear). Connect those to your chosen child relay on Zen 16 (One, Two or Three - that's the same one you'll configure in the Zooz Garage Door opener App). It doesn't matter which of the clear wires from the Garadget you'll connect to the Zen16.
Zen16Wiring

1 Like

The diagram and the detailed instruction are so clear!!! Thanks so much!

Just checked Garadget website and though they provide the final solution, I'm left wondering why folks dont try to add the leads themselves and save some dough.
The Security+ 2.0 Wired Dry Contact is sold on Amazon for $10 without the leads. What one would do is solder on the leads to where the button plugs into the circuit board. Same with the garage remote openers which are $50.
In fact the reason I am writing this is because I just finished working on mine, used loose T-stat wiring for the leads. Also got a 3V wall adapter so no more battery in the remote.
Just a thought...happy to discuss.

Not everyone has the necessary tools, or knowledge on how to solder. If it’s a one time situation like this, a niche solution like the Garadget works :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Same can be done with the wall panel that comes with the garage door opener. No need for the extra button. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven't thought of using the wall panel button! That would actually save me a wall adapter. Genius! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Recently purchased 3 new Chamberlain openers for my doors. They came with the same wall switch which is used in the Garadget Security+ 2.0 Dry Contact Adapter. Instead of spending $75 for 3 extra buttons I already have, is there some instructions on how the extra wire leads are connected in the Garadget adapter?

the dry contacts from the garadget adapter go to the relay inputs (zooz 16/17 or MHCozy inputs)

If you have DC power terminals + the wall switch contacts available on the Garage door opener, you can use a Fibaro Smart Implant. This gives you the ability to control 2 doors with digital inputs for open / close sensors.

I make mine into an actual Garage Door Controller via the "LGK Virtual Garage Door" app/device - it even works via Hubitat HomeKit integration, so you get CarPlay integration too.

1 Like

The new openers I bought have the same Chamberlain type switch as the Garadget Dry Contact adapter, But I do not know how exactly the extra wires are connected in the Garadget.

I want to modify the switches to replicate the Garadget adapter, since mine are identical, minus the bypass to use a dry contact relay.

I also already have a Zooz 16 from the previous openers I had.

If you're comfortable with opening and soldering wires, then look for the two leads connected to the physical button press on the circuit board of the Chamberlain switch. That's where the two wires which connect to the Zooz dry contact are soldered to. Sorry, I don't have a picture. I needed only one adapter and I don't have the soldering equipment, so it was cheaper to just buy the adapter.

2 Likes

This thread has some ideas for using a remote for three doors.

Thanks I will take a look.

I did see the remote option, but I have 3 doors and was trying to avoid batteries. It seemed the cleanest option was the door switches.

Look above. There’s a battery bypass option as well. USB option for coin battery

1 Like