Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thank you for the fast reply steveff! I will give that a go asap and report back. Cheers

This is my current routing info, with repeaters highlighted. I'm not yet sure how to read this properly, but as I see repeaters 1, 2, and 3 (currently the only ones plugged in), then I feel that means they are in fact there and at least being recognised, if not repeating. There is a 'large bulb' in the front room which has been there for a couple of days alongside the Contact Sensor Tester, which also doesn't work in the front room. I'm going to look more into these routing tables. Thanks

Have a read of this :slight_smile:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Zigbee_Logs

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

Philips Hue on Sale - Amazon

2 Likes

aldi have some wifi smart things coming up for sale

Had a look at their stuff yesterday, seems pretty closed system. Couldn't see anyone confirming for tuya or HomeAssistant use either.

1 Like

always hard to tell from the catalogue, good scouting !

I wouldn't be surprised if they were running ESP8266 chips as the majority are so it's a high chance you could flash them with Tasmota. I even saw this morning too looks cool, it has plenty of USB and Powerpoints.

Still no power monitoring though. Grrr

1 Like

I sent an email to Cocoon asking if their smart home gear is Tuya based. I'll advise if I ever get a reply. No harm in asking, I figure!

@anon61068208 Hi Scott. I've got another coffee coming your way if you're inclined to have a look at another API integration. I'm awaiting the documentation for it but it's this device. I'm expecting mine to arrive in the mail in the next couple of weeks. I sent them an email asking for the API details. Looks like they have a couple of integrations with Control4 and Savant. It'd be fantastic to integrate this into the HE, so I can control my outdoor blinds with it.

1 Like

ALDI has this in their catalogue. One less power and USB socket. Specifically mentions using the Tuya app.

1 Like

Nice one, please keep me in the loop on this too because I was looking at this last month and it looked pretty good. btw how much was it and did you go the Lithium Battery Tubular Motors?

Too easy then!!

I'll look but I can't promise I'll get to it before you get your device in.

Our Motors are 240v with integrated rolling code RF. Alpha brand. I bought the Neo controller from blindsgalore.com. They had it for half price. Had to use freight forwarder to get it here. All up landed cost was AUD215. Still about 30% cheaper than the cheapest local supplier. Pricey but my IoT addiction got the better of me.

Thanks Scott. I appreciate that you're even considering it! I certainly won't hold you to any timelines. I see many coffees in your future. Heck, if you were closer, I'd personally hand deliver one to you using one of my fresh bean roasts.

1 Like

@jchurch Looks like blindsgalore.com has it for half price again, if you were interested. I use myus.com for freight forwarding, if you don't have a service you use already. Cost USD17 for shipping to Oz.

@gbrown I got a response from Cocoon in relation to the ALDI sale coming up, as follows.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

These products are Tuya based and will be compatible with the Tuya Smart Life app as well as the Cocoon Connect app."

Time to Tasmotise!

Well there you go. I looked through the HomeAssistant forum and they haven't looked at them yet, so I'm guessing that will change soon. :slight_smile:

Wait, so does that mean potentially @jchurch could flash the video doorbell to make it work with HE ?
I actually went out and bought a ST button and stick it to my front door because I gave up hope of my existing cocoon video doorbell ever being integrated - but if these new ones can be id buy another one for it.

1 Like