Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Folks, a noob question, how do I get z-wave to work? I plugged in the z-wave stick after registering the hub but can't seem add any zwave devices. The system message is showing that z-wave network is not online.

@gbrown would it be manageable if we had the Hue hub thing already ?

@Clarence I had to reboot mine after I plugged in the Z-wave then send it to search

Thanks @keith_munro , rebooting now. When you mention "search" you mean click z-wave inclusion?

Woohoo @keith_munro; rebooting worked!

1 Like

Manageable in what way? The Hue hub integration works well if you want some smart bulbs.

@gbrown sorry I'm being a bit obtuse. We can manage the lights etc via the hue hub or going around it in some cases wondering if the HE can use the switches via the hue hub, as the Hue would have to see them as devices so we go from the HE into the Hue out to the switch kind of thing.

Hue integration just brings in bulbs and groups, no accessories. You can pair the hue dimmer switch directly to HE hub though AFAIK. Don't believe the TAP switch works in HE though. Lutron Aurora looks good as another control, but can't get that in Oz.

@gbrown cool haven't played with a hue yet trying to work out what is going to give me good value etc before I end up with a desk covered in stuff that won't quite do what I want...โ€ฆ...

Oh that happens to everyone. I'd hate to look at @mike.maxwell 's desk and shelf.

I know he has a naughty shelf. Where devices that piss him off go.

2 Likes

Are you referring to this groovy code that works ?

He does !! That's where Halo's went LOL

I could... and I also love coffee... buy me a cup --> https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sgrayban

It helps motivation and keeps the wife happy !

1 Like

Yeah that's the one Eric wrote. I believe if you have a driver it will auto detect and add it in, so all @robert1 would need then is to load Eric's forked Tasmota onto his powerboard, install the new driver to HE and run Eric's app. I was just using the driver only method to reduce complexity as I wasn't doing anything special.

btw, I will definitely buy you many coffees if you help me to get the Daikin ducted air-conditioning system working once I have moved into my new house. I believe it will be running this - Airbase | Daikin

If it has a API i can do it. Looks like it has wifi so it should have a API.

1 Like

Nice one. I actually just realised that my Daikin system is using advantage air's e-zone which is the exact same as @Clarence mentioned yesterday. I did some picture searches in google just now and saw the exact same tablet I have on my wall which was only installed into the house yesterday. @Clarence understands it uses the same API as MyAir. Smart Air Conditioning System ยป MyAir by Advantage Air

1 Like

So your is probably a re-branded version.

Agreed Daikin probably stopped doing it in-house and just outsourced the system control to Advantage Air which makes sense as they can then focus on doing what they do best which is being an Australian leader in Air Conditioning units. Anyways @Clarence it might be worth you working with @anon61068208 as your unit is in and your using it now right? I am still a few weeks away from moving in to get my hands on my one :stuck_out_tongue: but i'd be happy to contribute to @anon61068208 working on this for us both.

1 Like

@anon61068208 Gladly.. enjoy your coffee. Thanks for help

1 Like

@jchurch yes I have the e-zone for about 3 years now and happy to work with @anon61068208. Hopefully he doesnt get frustrated with a noob!

Will be also be awesome if my solar inverter (solaredge) can be connected to HE. Then basically I can tell e-zone to turn on when solar production reaches xKW and room temp is 28 deg C.

1 Like