Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

i'll check when I get home, but currently it should just be if L360 enters the geofence set as mode-based on time of day if L360 leaves set mode away wifi and HE presence are Not part of the presence sensor currently. I was getting worse results with L360+HE iOS (multiple bounces in a minute).

$79.99 at OZ Smart Things

including a USB port to be used for an Ikea Repeater. LOL

1 Like

does anyone know if the D-Link mini wi-fi smart plug work ? Can't see them on the compatible list but then again neither is tp-link

Tp link is a community driver though.

2 Likes

Another option is to order some of the Sonoff S26 smart plugs and flash them with Tasmota. There are HE community drivers for Tasmota so that would work as well. I haven't specifically flashed that plug before but I have flashed the Sonoff Mini and Sonoff Basic R3's and they work great.

Also there is alot of other Tuya plugs that you can apparently use Tuya convert on as well which is an OTA flashing method although I have never done that before as I just flash using the headers.

1 Like

Cool, sticking to known working for now.

Noted for wider roll out.

@Ajrlaird is coming in Sunday to help me setup the Pilot in the Museum.

Once we start widescale rollout and deployment I'll start ordering from AliExpress, current rollout timeframe requires off the shelf as we have an AGM Saturday week and I need to be in pilot by then as that will cleat the path to a bigger budget and expansion.

but on that, I have the HS100 and its been bullet proof.

1 Like

Understood. I'd just stick with Tp-link for the time being then as you can get them any time you want from many local places. @stevebott123 is right the tp-link devices are pretty solid.

HI all, First time poster here from Tasmania. I have read all of this post (there is lots of great info enough that it would be great to have a separate section in the forum for Australia) and had a question (no doubt more to come) regarding dimming. As far as I can tell my best bet is to use a Fibaro or Aeotec in wall dimmer with a bell press on the switchplate. I can fit these as I'm a Sparky.
I have read issue with the dimming only able to go down to 40% and or flickering, there was talk of using the bypass, did this fix the problem? I can run a Neutral to the switch if this will fix the issue also (it would work out cheaper too)
Which have you guys had the most success with Fibaro or Aeotec?
I want to retain "normal" looking switches if possible and be able to dim the lighting automatically for bathroom visits in the night etc.

Noticed some new switches in Bunnings this afternoon. I had a little bit of a look through the clear packaging on the back and I wondered if these could be flashed with Tasmota.. maybe.

Both are good..ive been using Aeotec since 2012 and never had a problem. Ive one Fibaro dimmer which at the time worked better with the LED downlights i had installed ( Brightgreen ) than the Series 1 AeonLabs (aeotec's original name)..but have recently used the Aeotech Nano dimmers and they have been awesome too. Im pretty sure mine have a neutral, but when i bench tested they worked fine without.
As for dimming levels..its more to do with the capability of the lights driver than the dimmer in my experience. Dimming an incandescent bulb is smooth as and dims to "barely on"...

Try the Aeotec..as they are cheaper.

If you have multiple devices over the same circuit, the HS300 switch has EM for each of the six plugs (and driver supports). Also has a surge protector. I think it can handle 15 Amp total, but check. Current US price is $70, but - black friday cometh!

Dave

Very nice as that would be great behind my TV cabinet but unfortunately I cannot find the HS300 in Australia. Anyone else?

Nope. Me either. The hs300 doesn't have an AU version I think.

I noticed them as well. I wish it was easier to identify the tuya based stuff. Some times they mention the smart Life app, but mostly just have their own.

so are these wifi / voice only ?

Thanks, just the info I'm after. I will go over their capability's and just choose what suits my situation the best. Is it possible to do over the air updates to the firmware to either of these?
I haven't ordered a Hubitat yet, getting one underway soon.

Seem to be yeah. The Grid Connect system is marketed in Bunnings. Seems to be a local Melbourne company. No ifttt support so that indicates it probably isn't tuya, as they support it don't they?

Pretty sure I saw someone on the whirlpool forums saying he bought these Deta switched and flashed the Tasmota firmware on them. It was in the last week or so.

1 Like

The closest one we have here in AUS is this thing. I know the single USB switch one can be flashed so maybe this one could be taken apart and flashed too.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-powerboard-with-usb-ports/2736803