Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Is there an explanation of what the stats mean?

If you click on the "Documentation" link at the bottom of the page it gives a pretty good summary.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Zigbee_Logs

And then just lots of searching the forums. :beer:

Edit: THIS is a fun read, no extra credit. :wink:

And also THIS page turner.

1 Like

So this one will work up up until it gets halfway from the house to the mailbox - I've ordered a couple of PCB antennas to try (3DBi and 8DBi).

Nice, I havent had that much fun since I read the z-wave command class structure document! :crazy_face:

Hi dJOS
I’ve installed my motion sensor towards the back of the mailbox and facing down as shown in the attached photo. It is detecting all the incoming mail and no issue with any passing by pedestrians or cars. It should be due to the orientation and rain shield ( as you have).

Cheers, I'll look into the best install options once I can get a useable signal from the mailbox.

It's a shame no one has been able to implement a power-loss option into zigbee bulb drivers. I had to put my 2 Hue bedroom lamps back onto my Hue Hub as they turn on when power is restored which is far from ideal at 2am after a power glitch. The Hue hub is able to prevent this.

Just wanting to point out that they're "Currently in BETA only!"
Whilst the Oh-laLabs team are cranking out awesome product, some users may not appreciate being on the "Bleeding edge". :smile:

1 Like

Maybe you can adopt something from HERE

1 Like

I looked at a few different options discussed here in the community, but none where as simple and reliable (or as fast) as just keeping these 2 bulbs on my Hue Hub.

That was an oversight in the release thread (fixed now thanks to you pointing it out :wink: ), none of my drivers are considered to be in Beta, except those that are in the Development branch of my repo. Those in Release are well-tested.

2 Likes

The proper implementation would be to use the correct calls to the bulbs in order to configure power restore mode from the driver, I've not seen any of my zigbee bulbs even having that feature, but if I do find a bulb here that do (I don't have any Hue bulbs) I'll look at adding that.

1 Like

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hue have implemented a FW kludge of some sort (in the globes) as they do turn on for a tiny fraction of a second when power is restored.

Based on my digging via google, there's a 7 second timer; so if they have been off for more than 7 seconds and power is cut then restored, they return to the previous off state.

That doesn't sound like a great thing, if I do get hold of a Hue bulb I'll have a look at that.

1 Like

Cheers, you'll need the Hue hub to enable the feature as it's done via the mobile app. Even after running Hue Bulbs with the feature enabled, removing from the Hue Hub and them Pairing with HE. The feature was not active.

EDIT: I can confirm the implementation is done in the Bulb as I can power down my Hue Hub and the feature is still active.

I do have that one, just the bulbs missing.

Yes, this would be reset when pairing to a controller.

1 Like

Are you in Sydney, by any chance? I could lend you one or more for testing.

Thank you for the offer, but no, I'm in Shanghai, China.

1 Like

From what I've read, this was a possibility with the first-generation bulbs, presumably due to less storage space or processing capacity on the bulbs to implement this in a better way. The newer bulbs do not turn on at all, but I recall seeing a note about this in the release notes for at least the first-generation bulbs (the A19 ones with a silver/gray base and no product name marked on them, as Philips had only one Hue bulb at that time; not sure about the BR-shaped ones of the same generation, and I don't recall if this also applies to the second generation or earlier white-only products). This is also my experience in the US, but I can't imagine this particular behavior would be different elsewhere.

My hope is that, in all cases, it's just a Zigbee configuration that could be sent--or worst case at least just in the newer bulbs--if anyone figured out what it was. But I'm not sure anyone really has looked into how they implemented this (it seems excessive for the Bridge to be constantly doing any magic here, but again, not sure anyone knows).

Mine are current generation hue white globes bought in the last year.

These ones are on for such a short period of time (we are talking blink and miss it) you have to be looking directly at them to have a chance of seeing it.