Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Wow! Shows the markup some aussie retailers add!

Bout to place an order on Ali for the zemismart switches, so i think i might add 1 of these!

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

How'd you go with these sensors? recommended?

@dJOS, I hope you don't mind one more question about the Iconic switches: How hard are they to press? The reason I ask is because I also have a couple of older Clipsal bell press rocker switches that are similar, but they have "PRESS" written across the switch, and they are significantly more difficult to push compared to the regular Clipsal rocker switches. I'm hoping the Iconic switches have a much softer press feel to them.

1 Like

The iconic Bell press mechs are only slightly harder to press than a normal Iconic toggle style rocker switch, they are fairly firm but my Wife and kids (9 & 7) have no issues pressing the iconic switches. Although they think using Alexa for everything is way more fun. :rofl:

Those old style classic look mechs are not very nice to use in my experience. The shape and size of the Iconic rocker cover helps make it much easier to operate.

2 Likes

So the Cygnett motion sensor turned up today and paired straight up. It's working with the generic zigbee driver and also the sonoff motion sensor driver with presence by @markus. It's not a bad looking thing and is pretty small. Here's a pic next to a xiaomi sensor for size.

6 Likes

Has anyone had any experience replacing a thermostat that controls radiator heaters? I have one of these kinds of old thermostats that control ours:
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.54.20 pm

It seems like it's pretty basic in that it's just 240v behind this thing and the thermostat just connects the line or disconnects it to control the radiator units.

I think (?) this is called a line voltage thermostat, are there any thermostats available in AU that can replace one of these and connect to Hubitat?

This one seems like what I need but it doesn't look like it's available in AU:
https://www.sinopetech.com/en/products/thermostat/line-voltage/

I think sinope tech have a line voltage thermostat.

https://www.sinopetech.com

So far so good. Paired up perfectly and report fast.
My pool temperature project is going great. I stuffed one of the sensors in a plastic vegemite jar with an oval lead sinker, hot glued as a keel. The keel keeps the vegemite jar floating pretty straight up, which keeps the sensor above the water, needed for the radio signals.
It’s been bobbing around in the skimmer box for the past couple of weeks, quite happily reporting. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I think sinope tech have a line voltage thermostat.

Yeh that's the one I linked to :slight_smile: But it doesn't seem to be available in AU. Does anyone here have/use one? I found one site that will send one to AU.

@dJOS, which mech are you using? There seems to be a couple of different types. I am assuming these are the normal rocker type momentary but I saw some the other day that were more of a push switch which I assume are these.

Im using this one from the Iconic range:

The 41EPBM-VW isnt compatible with the normal rocker switch caps and it's iirc only for the Clipsal Controlink system.

1 Like

Cheers, does it have a click when you use it or is it just a push without any noise?

It sure does, here's a quick video I made just then. You'll also hear a faint secondary click which is the Aeotec Nano relay firing.

Clipsal Iconic 40MBPRL Video

2 Likes

Thank you!! That is exactly what I needed to know. Really appreciate the video.

1 Like

No worries, there's nothing like an actual demo to provide useful info.

1 Like

I see the motion sensor can't be removed for battery changes once it's stuck on. Is that correct?

Yep you will have to unstick it to change the battery. It's still working really well and is fast to react, i think i'll grab a couple more and try the contact sensors aswell.

1 Like

Thanks - going to grab a couple too. The door sensors are a bit pricey tho.

1 Like

I've just installed @cometfish's BOM drivers, all working great. Is there a way to get the 5 day forecasts also?

1 Like

From what I remember when I last looked at it, I think we will need to modify the code, I think it only looks for tomorrow's forecast. I can't remember if that was going to be a difficult thing to do or not.