Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I actually have one of these sticks. I have configured it as a zigbee sniffer and you can see all your zigbee traffic via wireshark which is pretty cool.

Looking for a replacement for one of my original LIFX bulbs, and saw the Laser CONNECT bulbs are 50% off. Saw somewhere else that they have Tuya and was wondering if someone here could point me in the right direction as to if there is a driver for them in Hubitat, or what would be needed to be done to get them working. Please note that I am more of a plug n play type guy than solder and coding :slight_smile: .

Failing that, open to suggestions for other brands that are working well with Hubitat.

Plenty of options in the Tuya space. I haven't tried a Laser one before though. I have two of these that I got from Officeworks.

EDIT: Looks like Tasmota repository do have some Laser ones listed though. See here and here.

And where do I start with the Tuya/Tasmota? :slight_smile:

Lol I should have done that instead of splurging on an xbee a few months ago!

I love it when people come over to Tuya/Tasmota as it really is a nice system so I am more than happy to help. For most stuff you should be able to use Tuya convert see here so if you have a raspberry pi laying around just follow this. Once you have converted it to Tasmota then you go here.

I have an Xbee too that is great for the network map so you haven't wasted your money there. The sniffing is for pulling traffic to reverse engineer / write drivers something of which I cannot do but I am able to at least pull data and hand off to a developer :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seconded. I have a really old pi model B which is now a dedicated Tasmota OTA flasher coupled with wait for it a D1 mini!

1 Like

Nice, I really like how they did the D1 mini flasher part instead of your mobile it's super cool. But hey I love D1 mini's!! I have 7 deployed in this house with another 8 unused in my electronics draw they are my go to device!

1 Like

Yep, ESPs of all kinds are my go to devices instead of arduinos now because the arduino code can be updated OTA as well. The only downside is the extra work required if you don't have 3.3V compatible sensors.

1 Like

I actually don't have many devices running Arduino anymore just Tasmota. The only 2 devices I have with Arduino now is HubDuino (mains water) and the bluetooth to MQTT server that I just built. I don't hate it I have just tried to standardise with Tasmota (wifi) or Zigbee as much as possible as it keeps things simple. I will be replacing my mains water one shortly just pending my zigbee valve to arrive which is imminent.

Yeh the esp devices are what made me move to a mesh wifi router as standard routers tend to overload pretty easy once you venture into wifi devices.

1 Like

@peterbrown77.pb, how did you go with the Rollease? I am the same as @jchurch as in rebuilding my home so thinking about automating some windows with double/single roller blinds. Issue are total motors will be 28 and Acmeda Pulse 2 can only accomodate 20 motors. Do you reckon I can push this to include 28?
Also it going to be a 2 stories house, what do you reckon about the range of the hub?

1 Like

What motor do you have in the Ziptrak? I see Ziptrak's website shows the Alpha remote and other references for Ziptrak talk about the Alpha motors. If using the Alpha motors, I have the same motors in our outdoor blinds. I use the Neo smart controller and it works brilliantly. I developed a driver for it for HE that another fellow HE owner has taken to the next level @brianwilson . The Neo supports Alpha motors. Don't know about Somfy. I vaguely recall perhaps it does.

1 Like

I have in my head that it is an AS-30 model motor, which may in fact be an Alpha motor like you mentioned, I'm not sure where I got that from. The only mention of it I have found online is through Nolan Group Blinds, but I did not purchase it through them.

https://www.nolans.com.au/products/external-blind-system-as30-motor/

What I do know is that the remote is a Simu brand remote. Based on a comment on the Bond community this also uses a rolling code, though slightly different, but the poster was able to get it working with a Somfy remote and, more importantly for me, with a Bond Bridge.

Thanks for the tip about the Neo, but for now I'll see how things go with the Bond Bridge and keep the Neo up my sleeve. Also good for others to know about other options being available.

Simon

Nothing yet. Although it appears its for v2 of the hub and I have v1 which doesn't have the ports open... So unlikely my v1 will work and I'm not likely to buy v2 just for the feedback into hubitat (i don't need feedback necessarily) and faster response times (iftttyis fast enough for blinds).

thanks mate, wasn't expecting you to buy v2 but thanks again for confirming ifttt is fast enough. Cheers

Yes I find it is fast enough for blinds as speed of response isn't usually critical. We're talking seconds, not minutes. If it was for a motion sensor then maybe it wouldn't suit. I've found it quite reliable as well so as far as my use in hubitat, ifttt integration being trigegr by a virtual switch or slider is fine. With roller blinds I only put the blind up or down, never in the middle however even that could be possible with some effort using ifttt seeing it sees Hubitats virtual switches and can set the blinds to percentages. Just no feedback to hubitat is th eonly downside..

If I had the v2 though, I would prefer to cut the middle person out.

Added to my hub collection with my Bond Bridge turning up today. Very impressed, very slick setup, admittedly very limited, but still simple and easy to follow. And finally a hub with a sliding scale of how bright you want the blue light.... :slightly_smiling_face:

I have my internal Somfy roller blinds and my external ZipTrak blind all working through the Bond mobile app. All that's left is the all important installation of the HE app....

Cheers to @jchurch for putting me onto this, thanks

1 Like

Hey HubitatAus Hive Mind.
What's the conventional wisdom for automating ceiling fans. My preference is for Zigbee and at the moment I'm planning to use the Nue fan/light smart switch.

But I wondered if there was any better alternatives? I'd really love a Zigbee/Zwave native DC fan. But such a beast doesn't appear to exist.

I believe there are other people here that also run the Nue fan/light smart switch and have been happy with it. I haven't personally seen another AU/NZ approved route in the zigbee fan controller space. There are WiFi (Tuya) based options though with things like this but the zigbee route is likely much easier for you.

I personally have DC ceiling fans which use RF so each one came with their own coded remote controller to operate e.g no wall plate to operate then. Anyways for this I use the Bondhome.io hub which also workd with my Somfy blinds.

1 Like