Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

How fast are they when HE turns them on? Via wifi, I'd imagine they are slower than zigbee..... I'm considering them, cause my zigbee ones are beginning to fail.

Anyone know if this will work with HE? Legrand Arteor with (??)Netatmo(??)

3 Likes

i have one of the power points Nick and it's probably faster than the Nue switches i have to be honest.

1 Like

Very good mate. I'd rate these very well. The Tasmota drivers are really well supported too or use NodeRed as I know you do. Btw don't bother with 3 or 4 gang though as it seems they have changed the chip in them :frowning:

2 Likes

For anyone interested, I just posted a code in the AU/NZ Deals thread for the RACV website for 30% off all products in their web store. Not sure how long it'll last.

1 Like

Updated Xiaomi drivers. I personally have found them to be great. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Have been trying the motion one out since this afternoon and seems pretty good.

1 Like

Great I have found them much quicker. I never had reliability issues with them but noticed the speed. Also presence is a nice touch too as a simple RM can notify you of any drops.

1 Like

Ok cool i did notice the presence option and wasn't sure what it was for but that is pretty handy.

1 Like

Hi!

Has anyone worked out a way to control the Arlec Grid Connect power outlets yet? I saw something about flashing and some other terms im not too farmiluar with. I just picked one up and am interested to know if anyone was able to get it into HE.

Thanks!

Provided it still has an esp8266 chip you'd need to load (flash) different firmware (tasmota) onto the device to make it work with HE.

You can hopefully do this via tuya convert on a Linux pc. I remember reading some where that you could also use usb bootable Linux disto to do it also on a laptop.

EDIT: Kali Link live boot works

1 Like

I have a couple with Tasmota flashed on them using tuya convert. They worked fine when i was using them.

Never heard of that line of products. Looks very promising being Zigbee and including the actual physical switch (versus just the in-wall component). Might be what I've been looking for if it does work with Hubitat.

1 Like

Did you end up trying them, by any chance? They do sound like a really good option!

No, sorry. Not a guinea pig yet

I guess I might have to be, then!

1 Like

@jchurch thanks. I got way too excited, but bought a couple of the 4-gang DETA ones. Did by any chance open it up to see if they have a different chip?
Or are there anyone playing around with the 3/4-gang DETA ones out there?

Hello. No I have never tried the 3 or 4gang with Tuya Convert so definitely worth trying it. They are actually listed on the Tasmota repository but I believe someone here posted about the chip being different. If I was you i'd just try and convert it and see if it works, you can easily pop it back in the box and return it if you wanted as the packaging allows it.

Ah thanks. I've tried a while back, and Tuya-Convert doesn't work. I believe there is an open issue that many are attaching to:

Just wanted to see if anyone here tried serial flashing.

Ah gotcha yeah I couldn't remember if that was you or not. True you could try a serial flash if you can pull it apart without breaking it. That might be how they flashed it here and here. Definitely let us know if you do manage that although I was worried it has a different chip inside that is not flash-able.

1 Like