Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

If anyone in Brisbane is interested in buying any Aqara Window Door Sensors, let me know. I had a special come through from GearBest this morning but when looking at the cost with shipping and GST added, it wasn't looking as attractive. As an experiment, I upped the order to 10, and the shipping amount actually went down a couple of bucks. I then upped it to 20, and the shipping remained the same. The end result is I bought extra specifically to share here on the community.
$18 each (what it cost me) if anyone is after any.

The one I’m testing with appears in the Neighbor Table Entry - [MS-104Z, 9F2C], LQI:223, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7

But as yet nothing has changed to route through it but that was to be expected due to my mesh. I’ll be keeping an eye on that routing table as I move one of the units out to an outside area.

1 Like

Anyone have any luck with garage door opener apart from aeotec one? I have that is it's crap, it's always a 50/50 if will open or not. Preferably ZigBee as never had any luck with zwave devices.

FYI:
On a whim, I changed the driver I was using from "Generic Zigbee Switch" to the "Ikea Tradfri Control Outlet" to see if perhaps it would also display some additional routing data. And it did..

dev:22482020-05-14 01:09:22.149 pm traceDevice:Office Light Repeater #1, Type:Router, RxOnWhenIdle:True, Relationship:Parent, Permit Joining:Unknown, LQI:217

dev:22482020-05-14 01:09:22.109 pm traceDevice:Natural Gas Sensor, Type:Router, RxOnWhenIdle:True, Relationship:Sibling, Permit Joining:Unknown, LQI:82

dev:22482020-05-14 01:09:22.083 pm traceDevice:This Hub, Type:Coordinator, Relationship:Sibling, LQI:54

AND the Ikea driver works the In-wall switch perfectly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could make one with a sonoff sv which is wifi not zigbee and add a wired door sensor or add a zigbee one instead.

FYI anyone - I'm liking this Zigbee In-Wall Switch. MS-104Z. It appears to be very well made.
I cracked one open. Take a look. There's a wee TUYA Zigbee board inside....

And discovered its switched contacts are "Dry Contacts". That is they DO NOT have voltage on them. This makes them useful in situations where you might want to switch "other" circuits. The switch contacts are completely isolated.
When you DO want to switch something like a light fixture, then you need to place an external jumper wire between the external "L1" and "L" terminals.
S1 is the switch wire
Lout is one side of the relay (Load)
L1 is the other side of the relay (can be linked to L)
L are the Live terminals
N is the Neutral terminals

I like the fact that they've underrated the device to 10Amps even though there's a 15A relay inside. That's good to see. All the caps are 105c as well

7 Likes

Thanks for that it's another option for a garage door controller i think. Mine's currently a wi-fi sonoff board but this might make a nice replacement with a rule to toggle it quickly.

If you can make it work as a garage controller let me know. I have been searching for a ZigBee version for a while.

I have pretty close to zero electronic skills so hoping to have someone do it I can then learn/copy from

Been searching for a dry contact switch
Will definately work with my garage door opener. Wire it line with the push button!
This seems like a perfect device!

If you have a momentary button to open close your garage, use this diagram (replace fibaro with any dry contact)

1 Like

So are you saying can do garage opener with a switch? Does not have to be this zwave garage opener specific one?

@coops8d if your garage opener supports a switch!
The fibaro gets wired inline with the switch

What garage opener do you have?

Just have a basic centurion one with the aeotec opener hooked to it, but that is a waste of money, which is why looking for alternatives.

Not sure of that model in particular, but I would assume that the aeotec is wired into a switch terminal. The fibaro would just replace the aeotec.
If you didn't have the aeotec is could be wired to a momentary switch
Do you have a model number for your opener?

Should be no need for a switch at all if it's a dry contact, the contact closes on the zigbee switch which then bridges the terminals on the door motor. Just looking at the wiring diagram again though on the lid it dosn't look like a dry contact. Did you actually test it @njanda

Yep.

Without the link there’s nothing on the relay.
That’s actually what prompted me to pop it open because on first wiring, my light Didn’t turn on but I could hear the relay clicking.
I’d left the link out.
Then I tested it with a multimeter. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

That looks like this model ....
In which case you’d want the Fibaro or equivalent to do a ‘momentary’ switch.
Like a quick ‘close then open’ of the contacts (Fibaro or MS-104z or similar)

Yep that's it. Sorry was out so could not double check to get the model number.

Is there any other option that you have come across that is a zigbee switch? As Fibaro is zwave which trying to stay away from.

If its a dry contact device, it would work, providing there's an option in the driver to auto open/close circuit after x seconds.

Otherwise, i havent seen anh zigbee dry contact relays, only zwave

Awesome mate might grab a couple i think.