Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Just installed a 4 gang , 3 X 2 gang and a couple of 1 gang nue switches, got them all connected and configured in less then 15 minutes. Very easy and pretty happy with the switches. I had 1 of them with a bit of a dodgy neutral wire terminal but got it working in the end.

Now I have a ZigBee mesh up and running looking at adding Samsung motion sensors and more Xiaomi contact sensors.

My main focus next will be something to control my garage door. Trying to avoid wifi were possible but there is bugger all zigbee options and not super keen on building a zwave mesh to run an aeotec.

1 Like

Anyone know will Lutron Caseta switches work in Aus? Anyone used them and have any feedback for how they are?

I know you said no wifi but i'm running a sonoff inching relay flashed with tasmota. It's powered by a phone charger from the same power point the motor plugs into and just bridges the contacts on the motor. Works great with HE and has been solid for about 18 months. Best of all cost about $10 all up.

1 Like

I like the idea of $10.

The more I think about it the more I'm not even sure if it's something I want to invest in. All I really want is to know if it's open or closed which I can do with a contact sensor.

I don't trust presence sensors enough to auto open or close, so I'm lot really even sure what else I need wifi or ZigBee control for

1 Like

It is handy being able to open the door with my phone and i use a smartthings multipurpose sensor to monitor if it's opened or closed.

I have zigbee contact sensors on my garage which tell me if it's open or shut. That works well. I have two, just in case one messes up.

I have a zwave dry contact switch wired into my garage door opener. I link it to some Hubitat web end points in this video. In the past, I opened the garage door on presense, but as you mentioned, it's not reliable enough, so I dont do that now.

The garage door switch is linked into google home (as a light switch), so I just say "Hey google, turn on the garage door" (either in the car approaching, or in the house walking to the garage). Works very well, for 12 months or more.

1 Like

By the install guide they are 120v max so no go.

What's the best way to troubleshoot zwave mesh? I have the aeotec garage door opener and the aeotec repeater but feel like something is not working.

All up about 10m and 2 brick walls from hub to door opener with repeater in the middle yet it's always a 50/50 weather the door will open.

Simplest thing to check first is in settings and leave that the device is actually showing up.

Is the door's status being updated correctly in the hub (open/close/opening/closing)? I found that if the tilt sensor isn't calibrated properly, or if the status somehow gets out of sync, then it doesn't seem to accept open/close commands properly.

Yeah when it works it works fine with correct status and all.

Thanks for sharing! I agree they are really well made. They are getting hard to find them in bunnings at the moment though. I got 1G, 2G, and GPO. I do like your idea of virtual switches too. All working well, but how did you manage to get the status light off? Mine is slow blinking, and LedPower and LedState are both 0 (from console).

@mike i have the tilt sensor on now, just got some more samsung multi sensors today to put on my last external doors and the garage door.

I would be happy to do the zwave option which is all over these forums BUT i have 0 other zwave devices and the hub is nowhere near the garage. So building a mesh for 1 device seems like a lot of work.

I have been scouring these forums and the internet for a zigbee option but they all seem to be out of my technical skill.

Any recommendations on those third party shipping services? Want to pick up the Wyze smart lock but they only ship within the US

I have used Myus in the past. If you have an Amex card they will give you a pretty heavy discount. Just search Myus Amex for the link

2 Likes

Your welcome. Yes the virtual switches are extremely handy I use them to open / close our huge rear Somfy blinds and it's never skipped a beat. I also use another above that one to toggle the loungeroom lamp. I could do that one with motion etc but my wife really prefers it this way. In relation to your blinking have you applied the Tasmota template? They are located here and here.

btw, if you chasing smart plugs etc too I found these are really nice as well and sold at Bunnings for cheap.

1 Like

I believe I have. I pasted the template string into Configuration -> Configure Other -> Templates and ticked Activate. They all seem to function well, but the white LED keeps slow blinking.

Here is an console output from my 2G switch showing that template is in place for 2G as per the url that you referred to,
{"NAME":"DETA 2G Switch","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,157,0,0,0,91,21,22,0,90],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

Console output:
00:27:19 CMD: template
00:27:19 RSL: stat/tasmota/RESULT = {"NAME":"DETA 2G Switch","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,157,0,0,0,91,21,22,0,90],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

I was just wondering if you did an extra step to turn off the LED.

For those who may be interested in the DETA switches, be aware that 3/4-Gang versions may be shipping with a newer Tuya firmware that doesn't work with Tuya-Convert at this stage. I received 4-gang this morning and have the same issue. We will wait until this can be resolved.

No I didn't have to do anything other than just load the template. That said they may have slightly changed something so just play around with the template GPIO parameters, I know when I did I found one that disabled the white led all together.

Yeah that's always a risk unfortunately. There's a new chip being install into a lot of new devices and it's unflashable which sucks. I did read about someone de-soldering and replacing the chip on a device that's a bit of a pain.

Thanks. I've got it working now. A bit of reading the manual (Commands - Tasmota), and testing. I should have done so before asking. In case someone's trying to figure this out, here are three options that you could choose from:

1. Turn the white status LED off permanently : Change the GPIO that is set as LedLink -> None.

2. Stop the blinking and have the status LED to be on IF the wifi is connected : Turn off MQTT

The reason why it was blinking was because MQTT was enabled, but couldn't connect. I was following the instructions that got me to enable hubitat, but didn't state that I should disable MQTT.

3. Stop the blinking and have the status LED to be on IF the wifi is disconnected : Change the GPIO set as LedLink -> LedLinki. LedLinki means inverted. So it stays off unless there are wifi problems.

2 Likes