Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

That's disappointing. I was actually hoping to get the SL when it becomes available but now you're abandoning your Shelly driver work, I may have to rethink that.

I was checking these out on Ali earlier today. Thinking I might buy one to try out. Does anyone have knowledge of standard practice in Australia for wiring lights? Is there an issue with this requiring a neutral? I have 4 LED downlights on our deck connected to a single switch I'd like to control with a dimmer.

Looks fine and will need a neutral connected so it stays powered. Although i'm not sure if they've drawn the wiring diagram correctly. More than likely the L terminal will be the active and the N terminal Neutral.

2 Likes

The only issue I see is that those dimmers are WiFi :blush:

1 Like

Shelly wants me to continue supporting it.

3 Likes

Can't hurt to try it out mate I assume it's using a TuyaMCU inside, You'll need to convert to Tasmota but that's easy enough. Once that's done you'll be able to request support from here.

haha but the Shelly dimmer is on WiFi too. What's wrong with WiFi? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My bloody WiFi router has just locked up ! :sleepy:

Sounds like you need some Ubiquiti gear then :wink:

I've been using the native Tasmota firmware with my various plugs and lights. Working fine so far. Are you using the custom HE firmware? Any advantage?

Meaning you will continue supporting it?

1 Like

Yep running custom HE firmware and specific drivers. If your using things like bulbs, power meters and sensors then its important for stability and functionality. I'd check out that forum and start cutting your stuff over as @markus offers great support.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the dimmer suggestions. Regarding the Shelly dimmers, I don't understand how they would be different to the Aeotec ones. They don't seem to have more inputs, at least not three inputs for on/off, dim up, dim down. Am I missing something else?

I did just come across this rotary ZigBee dimmer from Aurora. Looks good, and no neutral required. Not sure if certified for Australia though.
https://aone.auroralighting.com/ProductDetails/AU-A1ZB2WDM

I just re-read your original question. I think the actual answer is there is no such dimmer device with discrete inputs, at least to my knowledge. You are right in that the Shelly operates similarly to your Aeotec ones, using a single push button to control on/off/dimming. Given the Shelly and other Tuya based devices can have cfw like Tasmota flashed to them, it may be possible to control on/off/dimming from a separate set of buttons in software rather than physical buttons (research required) but you'd still be relying on the hub in that case.

1 Like

Aurora list that they have distribution In AU but I pinged them about 6 months back but never got any replies.
Pity because they seem to have some good products.

I just read about this little guy from Sonoff. Looks like it supports RF too. Starting to disappear down the rabbit hole but RF support means it will support different RF signals for on/off/dimming so you could rig something up using a Broadlink RM or Sonoff RF bridge. Just a thought.

1 Like

I do hope others can help with the support as well, otherwise there will be no new things written :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don't worry I had linked to you and your community for support earlier on, I definitely wasn't implying that you would do all the work :rofl::joy: . You do great work though and we definitely all appreciate it. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I know, I know, I'm just trying to hint (not very subtly) that I need more help supporting so I can develop more :wink:

2 Likes

I will try and pickup more questioning in your thread then if I am able. Also happy to put together more how to guides too. Anyways lets collaborate on this over PM.

1 Like