Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

No idea. We were quoted them as part of the whole install with the blinds. I'll have to fish out the quote to see if they broke out the cost of the motors.

I found them repeating other devices and sometimes not passing the messages on (aka motion)

1 Like

Interesting, I'm looking for some blinds......really roller shutters that can be implemented into HE. I might take a look at this company.

If your looking at rollerblinds, fan controls, fire places etc that use RF you can also look into https://bondhome.io/ it has HE support with local control. I have one and it works a treat for my ceiling fans. I think it cost me $150 or $180 from the US.

1 Like

Does it support rolling code RF?

Certainly does. Also you can pickup bonds on ebay.com fairly cheaply and import at a flat fee which is what I did. I am currently using it for my ceiling fans but I had planned to do RF blinds once I am in the new house.

https://bondhome.io/blog/saga-rolling-codes/

Forum chat on Bond home io is here:

Also I was considering calling this place for their motorised indoor RF blinds and it seems they do Australia wide. In relation to outdoor I thought about ordering a blind I liked and then ordering the RF motor from aliexpress to fit it (millions of options on here) then sync to Bond. I may even consider that for the indoor ones too if Nobullblinds want to much $$$ but my new house will need blinds somewhat quickly so I didnt want to stuff around too much.

That article talks about garage doors and from the comments, it's been over a year since they announced the imminent arrival of the functionality but it hasn't eventuated. Sounds like a cool little device.

I'm not a rolling code expert but I understood that the way it worked was that both the receiver and transmitter have to have a shared 'key' that is then used to verify the transmitted code and you can't simply learn that key. It needs to be hard coded in. So essentially the receiver and transmitter need to be paired. I bought the Neo controller because they explicitly state they have integration with the Alpha blind motors I have. I assumed that this was an agreement between the companies, so Neo has been given the Alpha key to include in their controller. Have you seen any commentary where someone is using the Bond with a particular brand motor using rolling codes?

It'd be great if it was somehow universal. Opens up lots of possibilities, if you could use the one controller to control blinds, fans and garage doors.

Probably easier then for the bondhome.io guys to answer this one given they are on the forums already @bond-jacob

:+1: By sheer coincidence, someone posted over at bondhome.io yesterday asking Bond to add support for Alpha motors as they tried and failed to get them to work. @bond-jacob Can you shed any further light?

sorry - was there a driver for this for HE yet ?

if I sent you one of these @mike.maxwell could we get this coded in, please?

I am not sure if @mike.maxwell has received any new products from Kevin (3asmarthome) since sending on the switches a while back. It would be good if further support is coming for his other products though. I had the option of AC or DC fans and I opted for DC fans to scan the RF remotes using the bondhome.io device and it works a treat. It was funny too because when I set out to do this it didn't have Hubitat support that came recently.

I wrote a driver/tile for that current weather JSON info from the BOM. It also gets the forecast info via FTP. There's still a few things missing/changes I want to make, but it might be helpful for what you want to do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice one. btw, did you ever try out the Darksky weather driver? I personally find it fairly accurate when comparing to BOM data. Ideally i'd like my own local weather station tho :pensive:

1 Like

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll have a play with it on the weekend and see if I can control my blinds with some rudimentary rules.

No I haven't tried DarkSky... burnt too many times with (phone) apps that were totally inaccurate in Aus.
Good to hear that there are some decent alternatives around though.

1 Like

Wow, that part of the website is a major blindspot for me! We have a decently active forum at https://forum.bondhome.io/. I'll see what I can about answering those questions and re-routing people. Thanks for pointing that out.

We support Somfy RTS remotes out-of-the-box. There's no other rolling code protocols supported quite yet. We're nearing the end of a big (~1 year) push where we basically rebuilt the whole platform, we're finally gaining some momentum, and I expect to see more rolling code protocols supported early next year.

Yes, lots of big promises were made early on. Garage doors are a big deal.

1 Like

Thanks for the update mate. Yes I have noticed a huge push in the bondhome.io space which is awesome too see!! Also just to be clear if a shade/blind isn't using rolling code protocols it would then work fine?

Yes, you can just record and play back the signals in that case. You simply indicate what sort of action the signal performs, and the Bond will expose some controls and state via its local API.

1 Like

Excellent and that's as I anticipated then. Much appreciated mate :smile:

1 Like