Hubitat Elevation supported button controller capabilities matrix

Thank you Mike. I noticed there's also a Button app in HE bulti-in list.

The Hue Button is working perfectly. Thanks for the driver Mike.

Mike, a specific question: the Osram Switch+ (4 button) and the Mini are both supported in firmware?

And a more general question: is there a list of ALL the devices supported by the firmware?

Thanks for the help.

yes, this is accurate up to and including platform version 2.1.6, we're in the process of adding the everything from versions 2.1.7 and 2.1.8
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

@mike.maxwell got a couple of these Osram Switch 4 button, but can't get to pair them in any way. I factory reset it with 1-4 (top-left and bottom right) pressed for 10 secs (green flashes and after 10 secs it flashes quickly then turns off). Then I pressed 2-3 (top right and bottom left) for 3 secs, blu flashing then it turns off after 5 secs. HE was in Zigbee join mode, but I received no log, empty. Tried removing battery and reset it again, but in no way HE sees this.

Any suggestion to pair it? I tried the other one, but they both act in the same way. Don't know what else to try.

Thanks for any help on this.

That one doesn't look like the one that we support.
Is this new?, old?, where did you get it?

Amazon: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B074PZLX2Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I got this and the Mini (3 buttons). No problem with the Mini, I paired it and configured, and it's working fine.

Yeah, that one appears to be a totally different product, and we have no experience with it.

This is the one that we have tested:

I should send it back and get this one then. Thanks Mike.

this is the newer Smart + model. I only have the old one but its a pig to pair. follow the instructions to do a factory reset on them. Then I found that they would only pair if you removed the battery then held the buttons to pair while inserting the battery.

I got 2 of the old ones. Paired instantly and they worked perfectly. Paid them €18 each. Probably I should get some more before they won't be available anymore.

I have the Hue Dimmer and disappointing in HE compared to Deconz with node-red. All buttons in deconz support press and hold and using the API in node red, the slow response time for rapid button presses, which is ideal for volume control.

1 Like

I just purchased the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch listed above (from the link from Amazon) and Hubitat can't find it. Anyone knows if this one actually works?

I can't figure out how to configure this thing. I'm excited about it, but, yea... Lost.

Any help?

Do you have the button paired to Hubitat? If not, do that first. See Hubitat's instructions for this particular device (in case Hue's are not clear--probably just geared towards their own system) at: Join and Reset Instructions - Hubitat Documentation.

After that, it's a matter of configuring an app on Hubitat to perform your desired automation. If you're not sure where to start, for a device like this I'd probably start with Simple Automation Rules. For more complex actions in response to a button event, you could also try Button Controller (which would normally be my recommendation, but I'm not sure this thing has enough button events for that to really be the first starting point if you're new). For advanced automations, there's always Rule Machine, which with a "Button Device" (not "Button") trigger type is nearly identical to Button Controller but with the full power of Rule Machine in your actions--but definitely not where I'd start.

Hopefully some of this helps!

1 Like

Really I'm not trying to get too complex with this. I just want to be able to turn on/off a lamp and dim up and down.

It’s definitely helpful to share what you’re trying to accomplish.

But can you clarify which step is holding you up?

Which device exactly (sounds like hue button?), and is the device paired to Hubitat? As @bertabcd1234 explained, that would be step 1.

1 Like

Already paired. I think I figured it out. Just didn't have enough capability. I thought there was a single tap, a double tap, and a long hold. There's just a single tap and long hold.

I just want to control a single lamp with a sengled bulb with a button to be able to turn it on/off and dim. Seems like I can do 2 of the 3 with the hue button.

Use the abc button controller and the setup the outer buttons for on/off and inner buttons for dimming up/down. Works a treat.