Hubitat Elevation C8 installation and Odd Problems

Hi, I recently received my elevation C8 and tried to install it as per direction. We were never able to get to having the hub being discovered (I tried the Advanced Discovery mode and still could not activate the device). However even connecting it to the router (Eero Pro 6E) and going through the initial process has lead to unforseen issues with our Samsung TV. Now the Samsung tv (QN90C)'s remote works EXCEPT the volume up/down no longer works, requiring that we use the separate samsung soundbar remote to change volume! Can anyone please help? ty

I’m not sure how this could be related to you trying to add Hubitat to your LAN…

2 Likes

Frankly I am bewildered too! It may just be Samsung connection issues but thought to ask anyways in case these type of devices in anyway have interference issues! The soundbar is directly connected to the tv via eARC HDMI connection and is not communicating with the soundbar via wireless protocols in anyway! Thanks for your comment!

To clarify, when you connected your new hub to your eero router with an Ethernet cable, you were able to access and setup the hub in a web browser?

Re: the TV remote, I can’t imagine how it could be something other than a coincidence.

2 Likes

How is the Hubitat hub powered? Did you use the included power supply?

How close is the hub to the TV, it shouldn't interfere, but maybe somehow it is?

Did you reserve an IP address in your router for the hub and for the TV? Maybe there is some weird IP conflict? It is a good idea to do this anyway so the hub is always at a fixed address.

1 Like

Is the remote IR or RF? Does it have to be in line of sight of the TV or can you use it from another room?

2 Likes