Hubitat does not find my Sonos devices

Hi all, the Sonos built-in app doesn't find any Sonos device. I have two Sonos one's and the Amp. I've even reset the speakers to factory settings, nothing works.

Thanks for your help.

Assuming you don't have any special setup like different vLANs (if you do, all bets are off), I've found that it does indeed take a while for them to get discovered. They aren't kidding with the "up to five minutes" thing. Rebooting one of my Sonos devices might have helped it get discovered faster, but perhaps that was just coincidence. You may consider doing the same thing. Otherwise, my advice is to continue waiting and see if anything does pop up--it's unlikely to be instant.

1 Like

Like @bertabcd1234 said. Take a look at your DHCP client list from your router to make sure the Sonos speakers show up there with an IP in the same range as your hubitat.

1 Like

@bertabcd1234 & @Terk Thx it did work. I plugged my Hubitat into my provider's router and my sonos connected through my TPLink Archer. So after plugging my Hubitat to my TPlink router all sonos devices were discovered immediately.

Also Sonos are NOTORIOUS for losing the IP stack. Many times a reboot of the Sonos device is needed.

This isn’t a hubitat issue as my Sonos devices will randomly stop listening to discovery messages even for the Sonos app. Only solution is a reboot.

Luckily I've never had any of my Sonos have that issue. Once one of my stereo pairs would only play from the primary speaker and I had to break that pair and recreate it but that's the only issue i can think of with any of my Sonos.

1 Like

Mine either. All my Sonos (except the Sub) are hardwired. Maybe that makes a difference?

Most of mine are as well there are just a few i couldn't easily get a patch cable to.

I'm having the same problem, stayed up all night never go it to integrate into HB works with all others echo, sonos app. Even found it in lutron. But getting no where with HUBITAT.