Hubitat Dashboards - Tile based on group of devices

Hi all,

I have three contact sensors in one room and would like to include a tile for them on my dashboard. However, I don't want to have three individual tiles for each of the sensors, but would like to have just one tile for the whole room that shows as 'open' if at least one of the three sensors shows as 'open'.

Is there a way to build that?

TIA!

1 Like

You can create a Virtual Switch (only for showing the "united" state :wink:) and set this Virtual Switch with the help of Rule Machine, dependent of the three contact sensors.

1 Like

That's indeed very clever! :slight_smile: I will look into Tile Master, but this sounds like a very simple solution that would do.

As a follow up to this -- do you know if there is a way to make a virtual switch look like a contact sensor, so that I could use 'contact sensor' template and have consistent design across individual sensors and sensor groups?

So, e.g. instead of a switch being 'on' it would be 'open' and instead of being 'off' it would be 'closed'?

Sorry, my fault. :roll_eyes:

Of course you should better use the "Virtual Contact Sensor" as new device.

1 Like

OK, that makes sense. :slight_smile:
I swear this is my last question -- what selection do I pick from the Rule Machine to be able to change the status of that Virtual Contact Sensor? I can't seem to be able to get to it...

It's hidden under "Run Custom Action".
When you then select your Virtual Device you get a list of possible actions; Custom command "active" is to simulate motion.

BTW: Don't forget to set the preferences of your Virtual Device; The default of 15 seconds for "Auto Inactive" is IMHO very short...

1 Like

@Jost - brilliant, not an easy find, but works flawlessly! Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You're welcome! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.