Hubitat Dashboard Red Exclamation (!) mark / Warning sign in top right corner

Hi there,
I've been searching forum but could not find answer for this specific question.
C-5 version been running dashboard for months no issue and always stayed connected with green check-mark in top-left corner
After some change (added/removed devices), I am constantly seeing (!) mark after some time after dashboard is refreshed.

First of all it's not clear what it means exactly? Some forum posts report this means that Dashboard web can not contact Hubitat IP, however this should not be the case as both client and device are in the same home network and Hubitat static IP has not changed. I have rebooted Hubitat few times to no avail. This problem exhibits on any client (chrome on PC, tablet etc.) and it takes about 10-15 mins for warning sign to appear.

My gut feel that that this is some of the tiles misbehaving and I am looking for help from community to understand how to troubleshoot it? For example where to find Logs related to Dashboard events or some other way?

Even what is the the message behind Exclamation mark is not clear?

Must say that regardless of this, tiles update correctly on the dashboard and dashboard is functional.

Regards,

See:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat®_Dashboard#Getting_Started

2 Likes

Thanks @672southmain as I mentioned I checked all this and connection is OK. I am looking for guidance on how to troubleshoot this problem down to specific tile.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s a specific tile. Instead, when the Dashboard app goes to refresh the dashboard, communication is lost.

Like @672southmain (and I see from your own research)... from what I can find it relates to communications more generally between the browser and the hub. Perhaps these checks are only assessed every so often, but some communications are not impacted....

A couple of other questions to consider:

Are you running the latest platform release?
Have you tried different dashboards? Do they all exhibit the same red exclamation mark eventually?

2 Likes

Hi @sburke781 @672southmain, good point I will check other dashboards with fever devices

2 Likes

It could be something as simple as a weak or intermittent WiFi signal.

I'm wondering if this may be related or help?

1 Like

I found issue was somewhat related with my Hub variables, for example as soon as I add tile with value of my Hub variable - I am getting exclamation mark, it seems to be some bug. So I ended up cleaning dashboard by removing all tiles with variables and removing variables from authorized list and dashboard back to normal...

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat®_Dashboard#Getting_Started

@672southmain it was not connection related 100%

You get it when your dash board looses connection, either from your local network or your cloud. If you are seeing it for extended time, you have a problem with the network connection on your phone.

1 Like

Thanks for the note as this pointed me in the right direction.
I started seeing the red exclamation mark on one of my dashboards (in retrospect shortly after adding a hub variable to the dashboard.)
Based on your comment I removed the variable (had found another method so was not required anyway). The exclamation mark has not appeared since, so whilst not the only cause, hub variables are certainly one.
At a guess I'd say there is some code running on the dashboard to poll the Hubitat hub for updated variable value and that is either failing to hit the hub or just failing and being interpreted as a communication issue.

1 Like

yes, thanks for sharing as above discussion was around whether dashboard has issues connecting to hub, which is of course absolutely out of question as this always in the local network, it is a bug related with variables, perhaps something for hubitat team to research...

I can tell that I see exactly the same, as here described.
After inserting a tile with a variable, the red dot appears after a while.
In my case, removing the tile is not really an option. Everything else seems to be ok.