Hubitat convertee

Well after just a couple days I have finally unplugged my wink2 hub. I am really happy so far and grateful to this community for your help.
I only wish I could get my arlo and canary system integrated, if for only the motion events. Oh and cree and ge bulbs are not discoverable. I hope I get these things going in time.

1 Like

Cree and ge bulbs are discoverable and supported.

That's what I've read but I can't get them to discover even after resetting

I can't speak for the GE, but the Cree often require a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote to reset. As a former Wink user you're more like than most to have one. Got one of those?

I've never had to use my connected bulb remote for this (yet). Before using it to reset, do you have to first pair the bulb with the remote or can you just reset the bulb just by bringing it within the 4 inches and holding the 2nd and bottom buttons (that's the reset for those finding this, I had to look it up)? The info I've found online wasn't 100% clear on that and I don't feel like trying it out and crewing the bulb up.

Does not have to be paired to the bulb. HOWTO: Factory reset a Hue bulb · mozilla-iot/wiki Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

I would like the Canary as well - got 2 of the original models from kickstarter. Really disappointed in the (maybe understandable, grumble,grumble) direction they took with pay for services and lack of open support. The faq on their site states no public API.

There is a skill for Alexa so maybe you can do something that way..

As far as the bulbs go - my 3 cree's are working fine. Pairing was kind of a pain do to the manually switching on/hold 2 sec/off/hold 2 sec for 4+ times reset thing. An alternative is using sengled bulbs.

Really weird coincidence. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I've had a Cree 4Flow paired to my Hue bridge for years. My daughter just complained she couldn't turn it on with the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote on the wall, which should never happen unless the bulb was reset. I tried from the Hue app...yep unpaired from both somehow. I was messing around with a Trådfri remote. Must have reset that bulb somehow. Strange because I was nowhere near it.

Anyway, tried the standard 2 sec on, 2 sec off, etc. bit with the bulb (I've been able to do that only 2 times in the 3 or 4 years I've had it), no flash. Pulled out my spare Lutron Connected Bulb Remote and reset it, but the Hue bridge still couldn't find it. Tried again, still nothing. Did the ON/OFF shuffle with the bulb again (still no flash). Tried two more times with the LCBR and on the second time resetting, Hue finally found the bulb.

So I unexpectedly confirmed that Cree bulbs (the 4Flow anyway), are a pain to pair. If you don't have a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote, you can try a Hue dimmer. It works with some non-Hue bulbs as well.

Any for a much more reliable setup so you don't have any bulbs trying to repeat your other Zigbee devices (unless you don't have other Zigbee devices and never plan to add any), I would suggest a Hue Bridge with the HE Hue Integration. Cree work on the Hue Bridge, but I don't know about the GE. It's no longer that expensive to replace them (assuming you don't have a boatload of them). IKEA Trådfri bulbs are very inexpensive and work well with the Hue Bridge.

My Cree bulbs paired without issue. It's the reset process that's a pain, and it doesn't help that Cree has the incorrect procedure on their website.

Factory Reset:

• Note, Cree's official instructions are incorrect. The correct procedure is below:
  1. Begin with the bulb turned off
  2. Turn the bulb ON for 1 second
  3. Turn the bulb OFF for 2 seconds
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the bulb momentarily dims (about 4 or 5 times)
  5. It will only dim for a second, signaling that it has been factory reset.

Furthermore, Cree bulbs don't have any problems repeating until you have 10 or more of them. Stay under that limit and they're quite reliable.

2 Likes

I have two rooms that use the lutron connected bulb remotes with ge and cree bulbs. I heard they won't work with hubitat or lutron bridge. I am planning to use pico remotes intead and selling the connected bulb remotes because they are fetching a premium

So definitely hang onto at least one to reset bulbs. I have 5 still in use and one I just use for a reset tool. I use mine with the bulbs and the Hue bridge, since that’s possible. No where near the control you get from Pico and the Caséta Pro bridge with HE, but still useful and I have no need for fancy control where they’re located.

Since you have one, you can use them to reset the Cree bulbs. As I mentioned, try the bulb reset by power cycle, followed by reset with the remote. Do it multiple times. The Hue didn’t find the bulb the first time either. I put the bridge in pairing mode and then reset the bulb with the remote while it was searching.

I think I'll just grab a table lamp and bring each bulb right next to the hub and hopefully it will find them

Yes thanks for the reminder I did mean to write that I was very close, meaning I brought the bulb to the Hue Bridge