Hubitat C8 Unresponsive, C8 Locked Up, C8 Frozen,

Can you please pick a topic and stick to it? It's easier to follow your issue on one thread. Also, see my private message.

3 Likes

yes for that reason i removed all my sylvania bulbs.. and replaced with hue bulbs on my hue hub.. the only sylvania ones i have left are the gardenspots as there are no similiar replacements. they dont really fx as repeaters as they are on the perimeter and nothing luckily picks them up for the most part.

but it never hung my hub c7 or c8,, they would just not respond and drop off the mesh every so often and were acting as repeaters so screwing a few other things up.. it was a pain to get a chair or ladder and get up there to unscrew and screw back in the bulbs which would reset them.. thus the replacments.s

2 Likes

Did the same years ago. If I remember correctly @King was doing it about the same time I've done it, back in the old days (I mean platform).

1 Like

I've not had issues with my bulbs, it's really just the C-8 Hubitat itself becoming unresponsive. I haven't had many issues with devices tbh.

You gave up on Hue?

I never had Hue, only SmartThings WiFi (all in one device) and it worked with all my devices, I just switched out because the WiFi speeds were slow really slow, didn't get what I was paying for it.

1 Like

not a final solution but if you are dead set on using wifi, you could get a cheap tplnk wifi to ethernet adapter .. like 20 some bucks on ebay and 30 some on amazon and see if that alleviates your lockups with wifi.. i have 4 of them on my apc ups in various locations where my wine fridges are so i can monitor them..

and have had good luck with them.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Travel-Router-TL-WR902AC/dp/B01N5RCZQH?th=1

I don't think that works with the c8

it works with anything that has an ethernet port. it works as a ethernet adapter.. connects to your wifi and you connect to your device via the ethernet port with a rj45 cable. he would bypass the wifi and either set a static ip or use dhcp passed through it.

it basically allows you to hook up devices (that have no wifi and only rj45) like my apc ups with smartcards in locations where you otherwise would have no wired internet access without running cable.

basically a cheap access pt.. so obsiously you could also put an expensive router in that location in access pt mode and have it serve the same purpose..

I'm not dead set on using WiFi but when I've tried to use it plugged it kept DC'ing. I went to WiFi using a DCHP reservation and it dropped less but it still had it's issues. I'd like to use it on WiFi otherwise it lives in my basement next to a my main AX6600 router.

I was thinking about the usb tplink adapters not the transceiver type adapters

Curious are you using the oem adapter or something else?

Sorry not following, oem power adapter? Current set up is pretty simple using all the parts that came with the Hubitat.

The latest update is found here:

Try swapping out the power adapter. Pretty much any decent usb wall wart will do

I'm starting over with a new hub, returned the other one to Amazon today. So I don't want to change out the cable unless it's the thing that'll address the problems I've listed in the above forementioned thread.

1 Like

Have you looked at Govee smart ground lights. Looks kind of similar and are 100% local as well.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: C8 Hub goes down about once a month

I bought a new C8 hub for a future migration from C7. I have no apps and no drivers installed on the hub and it keeps on crashing from time to time. I only have 2 zwave devices installed on the C8 hub for testing. Tried to login on port 8081 with no success. The only way to restart the hub is to unplug it. I had this issue since day 1 I installed the hub. Has anyone been able to resolve the issue?

1 Like

Please read this pinned post linked below and make a new thread with as much of the questions answered you can.

1 Like