Hubitat C5 just suddenly dies completely

So my hubitat C5 has been online for a couple of years. The other day the light does not switch on as it should. Check the app, no connection. No connection on pc. There is no light on the hubitat anymore. Try to unplug and plug in again, can hear faint buzzing and clicking noises from the device, but no light, and nothing works. Kinda disappointed, I have so many devices that just lasts for years and years, only two years runtime is not good enough in my eyes.. Is there anything to be done here?

Try a different power supply...

2 Likes

Well, that actually did it, seems that the little usb-outlet supply has tanked. That is a first for me, Still should have been better quality, but at least the main unit is still working. Thank you!

2 Likes

Whatโ€™s the power quality at your home like? Do you have the power supply plugged into a UPS?

No UPS, power supply is very stable in this area. Anyways, I think a simple transformer should tolerate unstable power if it was of a half decent quality.

Itโ€™s happened to me before (with other products). Sometimes itโ€™s just bad luck.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.