Hubitat Basic Rule Problem

When creating a basic rule i state the following:

When a contact sensor "garage door" is open, senses that the contact is closed. set color on "TV Light Strip" Bulb color, Red, Bulb level 75.

My problem is, once i chose my light strip (Inovelli Light Strip LZW45), i can't change anything in the rule. It's only when i select the light strip this happens.

Any idea what the issue is? I can't finish completing the rule.

I have a hubitat C7 running version 2.3.5.135.

Thanks,
Craig

Take a screen shot of your rule and post it - I'll help you. j

2 Likes

Thanks. See attached.

I can't select "and do this action" or change anything once i pick "TV light strip". It's my only option as i don't have another LED strip.

Do you see "Done" at the bottom right of the screen? If so, that should be all you need to select.

Tried that. Can't click anything on the screen once i choose "TV light strip". I tried Chrome and Edge browsers, even restarted. No difference. Also tried editing the rule on my iphone and still won't work.

Might be worth showing what you see when you click the drop-down for the "And do this action:", just so it is clear for the dev's what you see... Sounds like one for them to sort out. And here they are... :slight_smile:

I think there is a bug in Basic Rules here. Looking into it... What I'm seeing in this context is a refresh loop. It's broken for sure.

5 Likes

I can't click that. After selecting the TV light strip, i cannot select any options anywhere. Not even the "Done" or "Remove" buttons. Its frozen. If i refresh the page, i still can't make any changes to the rule.

Thanks. Any idea how to resolve? or is this something that has to get sorted out in a platform update?

Yeah, sounds like one for Bruce and the team...

1 Like

Yes, this will be fixed in the next release. The action Set Color is thoroughly broken in the current release. You could create a Basic Rule with any other action there, then import that rule into Rule Machine, and fix the substitute action to be Set Color. Otherwise, wait for next release. This should be later today.

5 Likes

Thanks!! Installing the platform update now.

Perfect! this fixed it! Thank you!!

3 Likes