Hubitat automated garage door opener

I currently have a house without a garage door. I have modified the driver to my Yale lock so it knows if the door has been locked from the inside or outside to determine different activities. I am moving to a house with a garage and assume I need to have the same kind of process using the garage door.

I like using the zwave and zigbee controllers because having everything managed at the Hubitat hub, I have found that connecting stuff through the cloud slows things down and is less reliable.

Any ideas on how to connect Hubitat to a zigbee or zwave garage door opener? I assume I can use different actuators to determine if I am home or not, but any ideas on how to do this are appreciated

The Zen16 is a popular choice since there's a lot of GDO-specific information for it out there. Zooz even has a GDO app to easily tie it all together in Hubitat.

The Zen17 is also 1:1 compatible with all those existing Z16 resources, and the Z17 offers the option to use dumb wired reed sensor(s) for door position instead of a wireless tilt sensor.

3 Likes

I use Hubduino and the garage door "device", which is wifi but works well with Hubitat

This sounds cool. I will try it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.