Hubitat and Z-Wave Long Range

Since the new node address space won't interfere with legacy 8-bit addresses it should be a seamless update..

1 Like

So, how do you get a LR capable device that's currently using the legacy mode set up to use the new LR mode?

Something would seemingly have to change.

Oh.. Ok. yea.. if you firmware update a node to support LR it will have to be excluded and re-included.. I misunderstood the question..

5 Likes

[Looks back nervously over his shoulder at the first Z-Wave 700 SDK release]
:worried:

:wink:

5 Likes

So can both co-exist on a single 700 series hub or is this an either/or?

1 Like

Yes

5 Likes

That really killed the endorphin high I was on...

11 Likes

Do we expect that some of the current devices (not including the Hub) will be updatable to support this?

Really most any 700 series device SHOULD be able to be updated to LR... Whether manufacturers do that, or release the firmware publicly, is another matter.

But in most cases it is not a hardware limitation.

I do expect that, given that all 700 series chips support it.

Nice! I’ll have to figure out how to tell if any of my devices have 700 series chips.

Man, I'm soo glad I held off on that Zooz switch upgrad/replace. I have a house full of the original Zooz switches and 7 of the new 700 Series. I'll now wait until they start shipping the switches with LR firmware before swapping out. Maybe I can now get a reliable front door lock while I'm at it. :grinning:.. I know I can upgrade them myself but why not let someone else do the work.

Zooz has been good about releasing firmware updates.. If they plan on supporting it, I'm sure you will be able to upgrade.

1 Like

Speaking of which... I see the new 700 series Kwikset locks on on the alliance page listing now. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Boom!

2 Likes

So Schlage, Kwikset, and Yale all have 700 series locks now. Coming ???? to retail. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Locks will be a game changer for LR

2 Likes

That would be sweet. Albeit. Expensive AF.

Hmmm.....

My door locks have been rather picky (I desperately need to be able to trigger on knowing whether or not a specific code was entered, the inside thumb knob was turned, or if it was locked from the outside keypad).

What are you seeing/thinking?

I know pairing them (esp S0--ugh!) has been painful.

Oh, also, it looks like "S2 unauth" isn't even a possibility in LR.