Hubitat and Tasmotizer

Apologies for such a basic question, but at my age the brain doesn't always function well.
I have Tasmotized three Sonoff devices (2 x socket outlets and 1 x Basic R2).
Both socket outlets were adopted by the Tasmota Device Manager and have 'Parent' and 'Child' entries. and are fully functioning.
However, with the Basic R2, TDM recognises the 'Parent' device but never finds the 'Child'.
I have tried many times and done 'Configure" / 'Refresh"/'Save', but always the same result.
What am I missing/ doing wrong, please?
As an asid concerning Tasmota, after 'Tasmotizing', some devices show the 'Toggle' option at the top and others do not. Again, what am I missing, please?
Thanks to everyone for your patience.

If it helps, this is the Log entry:
2020-05-29 09:47:45.661 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_tasmota_Tasmota___Universal_Parent_451.configuration_model_tasmota() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 1294 (configure)

dev:4042020-05-29 09:47:45.524 infoconfigure()

This sounds like an "old" version , please update. Hubitat Package Manager can make it easier to stay current.

EDIT: Also, which version of Tasmota are you running? You should use 8.3.1 of my version of the firmware. After upgrading/flashing my version, run "reset 5" in the console, as described in the flashing guide in the wiki. After upgrading T4HE and Tasmota to the latest versions, press Refresh on the device page and Refresh the page. Then take a screenshot of the Data section and post it here.

@markus - as I spotted you on this thread, had to say a big thank you for the work on T4HE...just added two more plugs to my system today and it was smooth as can be. Tuya convert followed by the seemless adding into HE. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Markus,
Thanks for your input and I will come back to you.
One thing I didn't mention is that this device has been working without a problem controlling some over cabinet LED's for some weeks without a hitch and then stuck in the "On" condition so I couldn't think of anything other than to flash again.
This is all new to me and I have been taking the easier route to Tasmotize using Tasmotizer 1.1a and using the standard .bin file, but with mixed results as reported.
I clearly have a lot to learn about the Tasmotize/ Hubitat setup and I am still not sure if a better route would be to use the Sonoff ZBR3 (Zigbee) devices.
Nevertheless I will try to follow your advice.
Thanks again.

I would recommend to follow this guide:

As for Sonoff ZBR3, they are good, but you will probably need to put a strong repeater close to them (like the IKEA Repeater). They route well, but don't have a very strong signal nor are they very sensitive in terms of reception.

Well the problem is solved, but I am almost reluctant to admit the reason for the failure of R2 Basic modules to generate "Child" devices.
The Tasmota version was 8.3.1, but I eventually discovered that the two switches were configured as "Generic" and not "Sonoff Basic". I really do feel a silly old fool!
At least something was learned and I can now venture into the Hubitat Package Manager! as suggested by Markus
I have also had good experience with the IKEA Zigbee repeaters and would add that the IKEA socket outlets are also a doddle and seem most reliable.
Thanks again Markus - a lot of us are indebted to you.

1 Like

Happy it got resolved! :slight_smile: The IKEA Sockets are not as good repeaters as the IKEA Repeaters, but they are still good.

Thanks Markus.
How would the Sonoff ZBR3 switches compare with say the IKEA repeaters, in respect of their repeating performance?
I am undecided whether to replace four non-Tasmotized R2's controlling various kitchen lights with ZBR3's or just to do some more Tasmotizing.

The repeating is not great, or rather, they repeat well, but the range is not good, so without something with good range nearby they can cause problems.

Thanks again.
I will stick to Tasmotizing the R2's, but use IKEA Zigbee sockets in strategic locations to improve the Zigbee mesh.
There are 4 Tuya socket outlets sitting doing nothing which I will now Tasmotize.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.