Hubitat & Alarm Systems

Basically, as far as I know there are two alternatives:
Envisalink (from DSC/Vista/Honeywell)
Konnected

And Alarmdecoder

1 Like

SO I have a paid ADT pulse alarm and it integrates flawlessly into homekit vis Hoobs/Homebridge... all my contacts sensors and motion sensors are available for automations.. etc security panel/smoke alarm are all accessible..can integrate this into Hubtitat?

One way other than rolling your own might be to bring it into Home Assistant then you can bridge with HE.

Here's an approach:

It ties it in with Smart Things but you might be able adapt the driver/app files.

1 Like

Interesting.... I have a pi with Homebridge on it and I had bought an New RPI 4 to try Home Assistant... but decided to go Hubitat... I have SmartThings also maybe there’s a way with what I have ... I don’t want to install a docker of HA in the Homebridge pi so I can easily reflash... I just don’t want to buy another pi just for ADT.... but I haven’t returned the RPI 4 yet... LOL

Btw: here is the Homebridge plugin I use:

I have HA running on an RPi in my basement but nothing hooked up yet. For my purposes it's still a little too complex for me to consider deploying to my residential clients as I have to support the systems but for experimentation and tinkering perfectly fine.

You might consider hanging on to the RPi anyway - for other useful stuff like a VPN etc. You can never have enough computers right? I won't even mention the oDroid computer.. (too late).

edit: I do like and run Node-RED so that might be something to play around with.

1 Like

Yea my ultimate goal is to have all devices Homekit and Alexa integrated and the idea was all automations and Buttons and Sensors (non HK native Zigbee and Z wave) would be handled by Hubitat but not exposing my ADT devices and Security system puts a damper on my plans... I have my Hoobs running on an RPI3B+ and I was thinking I could put node red on it too...but I had to return the RPI4 LOL I felt too guilty having bought the Hubitat but it’s only a click away... LOL. But I also have an Aqara Hub and a Mijia Gateway... I need to chill on the little boxes and get things all local in HE then take my next step I think.

That seems like a decent strategy as less boxes = less potential problems. Although I will say in moving my rules to an external server has reduced resource issues - showing a max of 0.5% for apps on all my hubs based on the new app stats page in the logs. The combination of Node-RED and Homebridge on a PI4 has been very useful for me.

1 Like

I know I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I have a Vista 21 with a Konnected board and you can pull arm status from the panel (not keypad). There is a bit of extra config needed through the keypad to enable status on a couple of extra pin-outs, but my Hubitat system can now detect Arm Stay and Arm Away modes of my Vista panel.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.