Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

Thanks !!! Also thanks for using package manager!
I updated my app...will check it out
again thx

Hubigraphs "Long Term Storage" seems to crash upon invocation.

App sez:

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot get property 'date' on null object

Logs say:

(http://192.168.1.64/installedapp/configure/289)java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'date' on null object on line 813 (longTermStoragePage)

This is consistent - every time I try to pull up Long Term Storage for ANY configured Hubigraph

Having problems with Weather Tile 2.0 after upgrading to the newest Hubitat version and the latest version of Hubigraphs on HPM. The Weather Tile was not saving edits after I made them in the UI. I tried removing and reinstalling. Now when I try to configure the weather tile, I get a "{"error":true,"type":"java.lang.Exception","message":"An unexpected error occurred."}" error in the configure tile widget. Thoughts?

Edit: I tried rolling back the firmware and restoring a database from before the firmware upgrade. No dice. (I was going to roll back anyway b/c of new dashboard link issue.)

Edit 2: looking at the logs, the problem seems to be with retrieving current.rain.1h; here's a typical entry: "current.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object"

Congratulations! you are the 10th person to identify this issue.

Seriously though, I am working a fix. What is happening is that one of your devices does not have the minimum number (2) of event for the timeframe of your graph. Adding error checking now.

1 Like

@andrew8, I might need more. It's behaving like OW is not configured. Weather Tile 2.0 uses it's own OW child device (to reduce hits on the API)....

BTW, the current.rain.1h is not an issue. It throws an error, but is in a try-catch block and is expected.

@james.fischer, version 4.03 has a fix for the long term storage issue. Let me know if it works.

Thanks, Thomas. I removed the OW child device and reinstalled. Now I can use the "configurator" for the tile without the java error message. However, if I make changes (colors, number of decimals, etc.) they are not saved. If I exit the tile and then go back, the tile is back to the green-background default.

I am running the latest hub firmware and Hubigraphs 4.03.

Edit: I checked the logs. I don't see any pertient messages.

@andrew8 Yeah, that's the same behavior I see. I see errors in Chrome (in the dev panel), do you see that?

Now that you mention it, yes. Here is the error:

Also, I tried using the confirgurator in FireFox. Double Clicking has no effect.

interesting; this is an issue with Webpage security... gonna need an expert to take a look @CordMaster?

Trying to reproduce; can you give any other details of the EXACT steps to get in this state...

I suspect that this issue started after I upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday. (You probably know this, but apparently the new firmware implements a new security model for dashboards.) It happened when I tried to use my "old" install of Hubigraphs. And it happened again after I tried working with a clean install.

I get the error when I got Apps -> [click on Hubigraphs forecast tile "child" to the Hubigraphs app] -> double click on any part of the Weather Tile 2.0 Configure Tile app and save same.

I should add that I get this error in Chrome, but have the same problem using the latest chrome-based Windows browser. The double click doesn't work at all in Firefox (on multiple machines).

@andrew8, do you by chance have two hubs? I was able to replicate the error by doing some HTML gynastics, but nothing that you should see unless you are accessing things across hubs....

No, just one hub. I access it by a local host name though rather than by its IP address. Could that be it?

@scotte Do you have more than one hub?

Nope, just the one.

I access or using a hostname too, but only have the one hub.

@scotte @thomas.c.howard I tried accessing my hub using the ip address rather than hostname. That seems to have solved the problem. Something in the new firmware doesn't seem to like hostnames?

It seemed like the graph was auto-updating...(Time Graph) where the graph would show current time over time....was I imagining things or does it / can it auto update?

Yes; the graph auto updates; that is one of the features. Once the initial load is done, it “listens” for data. No more stress on the hub (ie. Database hits) until you “refresh”

@scotte, @andrew8 — Thanks for helping debug this; yes— hub security is much better/different. I don’t have a good solution, so for now configuring the tile will need to be done using the IP address. I will look into auto-detecting the issue so users don’t waste time rehashing the issue

@thomas.c.howard Sorry, I searched for the error message, and found no prior reports.