Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

Really awesome work, very impressive!

A small suggestion for consideration, I see a number of your examples have a great colour schemes in this thread. Would be nice to have some templated colour schemes for the graphs or a way for people to share and import “themes”

@TemptingTime: Ok; did some rework. I believe it is fixed. I proved it out with an Open Weather driver. I was able to graph "weather" which had 9 different states. Hopefully this is the last iteration. Fix is uploaded.

Thanks for helping to test!

1 Like

Thank you for creating this awesome App. I tested and it worked!

The only issue is the option to add 'non standard's states was actually on the temperature attribute and not the operating system, but it was able to pull properly and the graph showed up. Now I just have to toy with it a bit to make it more legible.

Thanks for testing. Weird result... Did you start fresh? I am glad it is working. So, the way it should work is the sensor (thermostat) -> attribute (operating state) -> custom states... All (non-known -- or numerical) types should allow the user to select custom types now. As n example, I set up the following graph as a test:

The blue line is the temperature. The yellow-ish background is weather state as shown:

By the way, now when a "state" is found that Hubigraphs doesn't "understand", it will tell you like this (but it won't crash):

1 Like

I did not start over from scratch, I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the background info it helps!

Long Term storage (kinda) now available. See first post for details.

3 Likes

Love. This. App.

Question for folks: my first attempt is a column chart with ranges to map the temperatures of a handful of sensors in my house. The y-axis seems to default to 0-100 degrees, which deemphasizes the variation, so I changed the range to 50-90 to "zoom in", thinking the y-axis would simply re-scale. But when I do that, the graph no longer plots. No error messages in the log. Any ideas?

So, questions-

1. Which graph are you setting up? Time, Time line, Bar or Heatmap?
  2. When you say doesn’t plot, does it hang? If so, at what stage (out of 4)

Ran a quick test case—

Thanks for the quick response....

I believe you called it a "range bar" with a subtype of "column chart".

It redraws the chart through step 4, but it's blank:

EDIT: Resetting the y-axis scale to 0-100 produces the graph as expected:

Ah. That is a special case called a Range Graph. Let me take a look. I forgot about that one. ...

1 Like

Wow, this exposed a real weakness in the code. I am going to rewrite it real quick. Give an hour or two.

2 Likes

This literally lol. Somehow "thank you" seems a little inadequate. No rush over here.

2 Likes

@thomas.c.howard just noticed with Hubigraph Timeline (v1.8), the default app name for the graph is called “ Hubigraph Bar Graph”.

@mluck - Go ahead and update and give zooming a try. It should work now.

1 Like

Just tried a Heat Map and it is really nice! Very useful when you have way too many sensors and want to see what is happening at a glance... Here's what it looks like for me with Temperature:

I really like that it displays the device when you hover on it on the PC (or click on the non-text area on the iPad.)

Very impressive! Thank you so much for this!

1 Like

Works beautifully now. U da bomb. :tada:

I must be missing something... I can't seem to find where the graph can be configured to display horizontally vs vertically... I'd love to know how you were able to get yours to display vertically!

Mine displays horizontally...

@Sebastien, how long did it take for the app to go through the 4 steps to render the heat map? It's taking quite a while for me. Mine is the same size as yours.

@Sebastien change the bar chart graph type to "Column Chart" (as opposed to Bar Chart).

1 Like

Just timed it. On my PC - Chrome - it takes 1 minute, 8 seconds. How about you?