Hubigraph Tile not showing over cloud

Hello all,

I have installed hubigraph and it works very well.

Problem is that the graphic is displayed to me only "local". As soon as I go via external/cloud, I see only a gray surface.

What am I doing wrong?

I've never used Hubigraphs but I don't think Hubigraphs was made to work 'remotely'.
I found THIS mention when searching so you may also find more info.
Cheers,

oh - thank you! I have read over that!

:frowning:

Is there an alternative graphical evaluation for the hubitat? Or is there possibly a way to customize the URL so that I cab display the graph directly?

If you are able to setup a VPN auto where your hub is located, then you would be able to access remotely via the VPN. I have done this and it works well.

2 Likes

Hubigraph uses locally stored graphics on your local network. So unless you are connected by VPN or on your local lan, you will not be able to see them. If they were stored in the cloud you would be able to but since your browser/app points to the cloud when off your network, it has no way to see the locally stored graphics.

2 Likes

That was the solution!!

Perfect - it works!

1 Like

FYI webcore now has the same capabilities as Hubigraphs. It is the same interface, its an update to that code. The hubigraphs developer is no longer maintaining it, but the webcore developer is. Hubigraphs works, but the webcore implementation has a few updates and improvements.

The issue of looking at graphs is the same in webcore, you need a local connection to see them.

1 Like

Any “for dummies” instructions on how to get it done? (VPN auto)

:man_shrugging:

Unfortunately, I’m not the right person for this… I have a VPN that I setup with a friend on a buffalo router - read my friend did most of the work while I participated as I could, and did a lot of watching…

I have VPN enabled in my router and then through my iPhone I connect to it.

I think it depends on whether your router also supports VPN access.

If you have a raspberry pi you could setup various vpn options like WireGuard, though you are not limited to just setting this or other vpn's up on a rpi. Do you have a device (laptop, rpi or NAS) that is always turned on?

Lots of ways to do VPN. Does your router have VPN built in?

Yes, I have a NAS, but connected to a router different from HE’s.

Would that still do?

I can access my router’s configuration, but what should I look for?

look under the wan portion for anything related to VPN... While you're in there you should set a reservation for the hub in the DHCP table. What make and model is your router?

It is an Livebox+ from Orange (my ISP). An Arcadyan model prv3397b-e-lt.

Yes, my HE already has a static IP assigned.

The “advanced” options allow for

DHCP, NAT/PAT, DNS, UPnP, DynDNS, DMZ and NTP, but I see nothing as VPN.

I does allow for remote access, but I understand it is for the Routers config App.

In that case I would set up an rpi or something similar and use openvpn. Another option is to maybe get a netgear router with VPN built in then switch your providers router to bridge mode. (basically making it a modem)

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ll explore it!

Or WireGuard, on a rpi.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.