HubConnect issues after IP change

I recently began testing out HubConnect. I have one C-5 hub dedicated to Zigbee lights and one C-4 hub for everything else including code.

Yesterday I moved the network they are attached to and now they don’t connect. I updated the IP address in the app and copied they key over. Originally I was using HTTP but have also tried sockets.

I am getting unable to connect to host messages. Is there anything outside of the network that the app would be trying to reach? The network should be open but it is possible I missed something.

The two red lines are 408 = Timeout

The orange lines are repeating that in different terms. No route to Host. / unreachable

Seems like the two hubs can't use the network.

I'd stick with http (oAuth) til you get the network solved. It's simpler and outputs easily searched error messages

The hubs are working fine from the web interface. Devices on the 192.168.50.x network can control the hubs on 192.168.107.x. The hubs are using static IPs and are on the same net.

Originally they were using HTTP but were on a socket connection when that log was captured.

I’m seeing an exception on the remote hub when I update the connection token.

Edit: How does clientURI get populated?

def connURI = state.clientURI.split(":")

Changing IP's of hubs isn't really recommended as there's a lot of configuration and dependencies behind it. Unfortunately one cannot simply change the IP address and hit save in the app... There is a handshake that only happens during the connection process..

You're going to need to go to the connect page in both the server and all remotes, and use the disconnect option. Following that, go into the device list for each hub and manually delete all "Remote Hub Devices" that are listed.

Once that's done, go back through the connection process. Flip the toggle for updating IP address to devices so the virtual devices see the update.

That should get you back to a fresh install.

Since the old network no longer exists HubConnect already was failing. :wink:

So if I disconnect and delete will I have to recreate all rules and associations for the devices that were being shared?

I’m still curious what this will do to my rules and apps. Will I need to remove all the devices before redeploying HC? Or will they get picked up like repairing a Zigbee device?

If you uninstall you basically either remove the virtual devices that HubConnect creates, or they get permanently orphaned. The toggle I refer to updates the DNI of each device to be associated with the new IP address of the hub. This option will not break any association of HubConnect virtual devices that are used in any rules.. In otherwords, this will not remove those devices from your existing rules.

I’m not finding a toggle.

It's on the "connect" page.

Sorry for being dense but I’m not seeing it.

Unfortuantely you have to have a solid connection between hubs before that option will appear. When the connection shows a "Connected" status you can enable that.

Hubs are on the same LAN and responding as expected except for HC. I'm guessing something got corrupted and I'll probably have to delete all my devices and start over. :frowning:

Setting up the connection on the command hub:

Clicking Done results in:

Clicking Done on that screen results in:

It just keeps adding instances but there is nothing in the device list and I can't remove the Server Instances.

I've never seen that happen before so I am not quite sure what is happening there. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the connection process is not completeing and crashing out.

I would check the system logs to see if any errors are being captured. Grab a screenshot and post it here.

Yep.. The connection handshake is failing. Two likely scenarios.. One or the hubs isnt talking to the other (could be the wrong IP is being entered, network issue, etc). The httpGet failures are another indicator of that.

If you only ve one remote hub, there should be one instance and thats it. You have three so something is corrupted. I'm afraid I'm going to have to recommend removing and reinstalling everything at this point.

Yup, just one remote. Every time I went into the connect screen it would create another instance. The VLAN should be wide open. I did have the wrong IP on the server at one point - got confused which tab was open.

Is the httpGet just using port 80?

Swap the server and the hub remote client.

Very odd. I replaced everything with a place holder and deleted it all. I reinstalled and had the same issues. I switched HC from LAN to Internet and now it is connecting. Now to remove all the placeholders...

OK, looks like I'm back up and running. Still curious what protocols LAN is using. The local VLAN should be completely open between devices but it is possible I have a configuration issue. Still getting a handle on the Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro. Eventually that VLAN will be locked down for just home automation stuff.