Hubconnect devices dashboard tile colors

I have 3 Bali zwave roller blinds installed on Smartthings that I access with Hubitat using Hubconnect. My Hubitat dashboard tile theme is to use gray as a background color for devices in their "normal" state. As an examples, a door closed, window closed, switch off. I use Green for background color for a door open etc. The Hubitat dashboard Shade templet is setup in this manner. Shade open, green. Shade closed, gray. The blind functions work fine, even the icon changes when the blind goes up and down but the tile colors do not change from the default color. Any suggestions?

If you want the color to change, you can go in the specific dashboard’s template settings and set the color. Each state has its own color and icon that can be set. This will only apply to the current dashboard.

Chances are that there is a CSS Class that changes when the state changes; if you spot that you could add CSS to change the color.

Exactly. I have done that. My problem is it is not being applied.

I don't own shades.. I'd love to BUT I have verticals and not horizontals and I've found nothing that will work for me.. yet.

That means I have no shades on ST and I don't have a virtual shade driver that will mimic a functional Shade on ST.

We do however, have a Hubitat Virtual Shade... and I added one to my Development Remote hub:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.27.37 AM

And then mirrored it to my Development Server hub: (version (via sync) verifies it's a HubConnect Window Shades driver)

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.27.44 AM

And that added to a Dashboard results in:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.54.42 AM

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.57.05 AM

Are you able to duplicate this test? Does the Dashboard tile for it work correctly?

I was able to duplicate and I still believe my original hypothesis:

• a) The ST "Real" driver is meeting ST's definition of "Window Shade" capabilities. Namely, ST has but one attribute:
    windowShade
  • b) Hubitat's defined Window Shade Capability supports two attributes:
    position
    windowShade

Position is a number, similar to a dimmer, that indicates the specific location of the shade.

I can't say for sure, but I think the differences are allowing Dashboard to not see a change.. in other words, that Shade Template is looking at another attribute to control it's color.

The HubConnect Window Shade driver contains the following Attributes:

-= Attributes =-
[switch, windowShade, position, level, version]

That driver contains a fuller set of capabilities in the MetaData:

capability "Window Shade"
capability "Sensor"
capability "Switch"
capability "Switch Level"

Can you identify the specific Bali driver you are using on ST? Community? or Built-in?

It's probable that Dashboard is using "switch" to control color.

I am using the smartthings built in Bali driver. The only hubconnect shade driver attribute is windowShade open or closed. The attribute does change with the possession of the blind. I have the background color for attribute "open" set to green, 3-124-51, so I'm thinking it should work fine, but no.