Hub variable for %date% suddenly not working?

Rule Machine config has existed and worked for years. Suddenly the variable for %date% is expanding to its configured format, as opposed to the final values. I did not explicitly change anything and rebooting hub didn’t help. Anyone know what’s going on?

Do you have a date format selected in your actions?

If so, I would start by ensuring the hub is on the latest platform, and then do a reboot with the “Rebuild database on reboot” option selected.

This will correct any database corruption that could be causing this issue.

1 Like

Maybe this?

Seems like it

I created a couple rules to test and only see this I use a "sticky trigger," as in your original screenshot (i.e., I don't think it's something with this built-in variable in general). Further, I also see the same for %time%. My guess is that this is related to a recent change/fix for %device% when using sticky triggers. Maybe that broke %date% and %time% in this context too.

Probably one for @bravenel (to re-create, trigger a rule with a sticky trigger and try using %date% and %time% in your actions; see that they are set to strings like "yyyy-MM-dd" and "HH:mm" instead of the expected values).

1 Like

This was already discussed but no one from support ever replied not even @bobbyD and that was at least a week ago.

Yep, I reported this a week ago and have heard nothing from the Hubitat team since.

I hope they are just on holidays, because not getting a response is frustrating.

I can confirm this problem, apparently some side effect of the other fix for Stays triggers mentioned above.

4 Likes

For me it impacted both %date% and %time%:

Fix will be in the next release.

7 Likes

Thank you. :+1:

I’m still seeing this after updating to 2.3.8.140. My notification message uses %time% and it’s showing as ‘h:mm a’

Same, there’s a bunch of defects that haven’t been fixed yet.

Edit: looks like the Hubitat team are working on some big improvements, there’s a new mobile app and dashboard coming:

2 Likes

Ah cool. I thought maybe I missed something or my use case was missed. I don’t mind waiting and look forward to whatever they’ve got coming :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like