Bug in 2.3.8.134 - notification hub variables time & date broken

This is the rule that I noticed wasnā€™t working:

This is the result:

And this is how it worked before updating this arvo:

@bcopeland @gopher.ny @bobbyD

Iā€™ve now rolled back to .133 and this fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

Same here.

Seems to only effect the %date% variable in notifications sent from Rule Machine. Notifications sent from the Notifications app seem uneffected.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad itā€™s not my imagination!

1 Like

Was this reported ??

In not in the beta program, so Iā€™m only aware of this forum for reporting bugs.

@bcopeland usually responds to these sort of topics fairly promptly, I just assumed heā€™d had enough of me finding issues in his software and was ignoring me. :wink:

@gopher.ny

You can alert @bravenel also

I did tag those chaps, minus Bruce.

ahh sorry I didnt see that...

1 Like

All good. :+1:

1 Like

I have a similar problem with the use of %time%

1 Like

I had to roll back to .133 as my security logging was basically useless due to the bug.

Iā€™m a little surprised that the Hubitat team seem to be MIA on this issue. Just an acknowledgment would be nice.

@mike.maxwell @support_team

1 Like

Replying to follow. Iā€™ve got this in another thread so itā€™s definitely a thing!

Fix is coming.

2 Likes

I realised that if you link to the current known issues thread, itā€™ll show up in the list below the post. Iā€™ll definitely be doing this for confirmed bugs in the future.

1 Like

Hi, I'm still having this issue, even though i've updated to 2.3.8.140.
I'm using Rule Machine to display time and date for when a door has been left open.
I've tried updating this rule, but it still won't display the actual time/date on my Android phone when I get the notification.

I noticed no one else has posted in a while, so I'm wondering is it just me?

Nope, itā€™s still an issue. I think the entire dev team are writing on a new dashboard and mobile app. Hopefully the current bug list will get some attention too.

The fix for this is in 2.3.9, now in beta. All of the recent 2.3.8 releases, since this bug was addressed, have been base system releases without app updates.

2 Likes