Hub updates

Are hub updates good to do regularly? Is it best to have the latest hub update?

Or leave it "as-is" ? If everything is working great.... why update the hub?

Thankyou in advance

There is little need to update, but you might want to in order to get new functionality, bug fixes, and device support.

2 Likes

The nice thing about Hubitat is you aren't required to update if you don't want to.

That said, I punch that update button like my life depends upon it. I rarely have issues from running the latest software, but there is a time or two where it was best to stay back one release.

Fortunately, Hubitat also allows us to roll back if there is an issue. This has a limit as to how far you can roll back, but the option is there.

The other "gotcha" is that there were some people who never updated from 2-3 years ago who were prevented updating to the latest release. It wasn't an intentional thing, but stuff changed so much over time that the update didn't work jumping so far forward. That isn't a normal thing, but it has happened.

I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing for some people to wait after an initial major release for the bugfixes that often follow in the first couple weeks. You can't pick and choose which update you go that way though, you can only update to what is available the moment you choose to update. In other words, if 2.3.6.001 was released, and 2.3.6.500 is current, you can't choose the 001 version.

3 Likes

Notice that 2 out of 3 responses so far have come from people with a weird symbol next to their avatar. This symbolizes we are part of the Beta team, so we are constantly (or so it seems) mashing that update button ASAP. New things to play with!

4 Likes

Thankyou for the response
Ive ALWAYS wanted to ask this but keep forgetting to post it up ........

Appreciate ALL OF YOU

1 Like

What weird symbol? :stuck_out_tongue:

Somebody reading a book? An angel in flight?

1 Like

I was being cheeky as I changed my badge. :stuck_out_tongue: I didn't like the book reader one.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

!!!!

!!!!!

:slight_smile:

I had it all mixed up which one I changed it to/from. Now I DID change it though. lol

3 Likes

LOL... I flipped the icons around, since more users didn't like the open book for the beta.

2 Likes

Ahh!

I was really confused. Lol I think I'm slow today.

2 Likes