Hub update problem

I was upgrading from 2.1.2.123 to 2.1.3.125 and had this issue.

@chuck.schwer I just experienced this upgrading from 125 to 127. I took your advice and went to port 8081 and used the "rollback to previous" option to move it forward. This worked just fine.

1 Like

Just more confirmation...

3 C-4 hubs upgraded from v2.1.3.125 to v2.1.3.128 without issue.

1 C-5 hub upgraded from v2.1.3.125 to v2.1.3.128 and it had the issue.

8081 and used the "rollback to previous" option and that fixed the C-5

1 Like

2.1.3.127 to 2.1.3.128
C4 completed with no issues. C5 hung again. I did not see the post about switching to port 8081. I'll have to remember that if it happens again. This time, I clicked on Settings and then chose to reboot the hub. Then when I tried again, the update for the C5 hub completed.

It will be good to get this bug squashed!

I've noticed this problem with 4 different hubs when applying the first update when brand new, (one took 16 hours before the update was successful), then every update after that just breezed right through.

Today I updated 3 c-5 hubs, 2 of them were on 2.1.3.127 going to 2.1.3.128 ----updated fine

The third one stays powered off daily as there is nothing on it and it a backup emergency hub. Upon powering on I was going from 2.1.2.123 to 2.1.3.128. And it took 5 times attempting to update before successfully updating.

Power on causes a variety of things, including a backup. I hope you weren't trying to upgrade(reboot) in the middle of the invisible/auto backup. The hub may have been ignoring it or perhaps even deferring it.

5 times.. corrupted the 4 onboard DB backups and the 5 time...

These are WAGs (wild ass guesses)

Ya unless it does a automatic backup upon start up..... This hub is never powered on long enough to get one otherwise, I just power it on to have it on the same update as the hubs I'm using are on then shut it back down.

Also had the same update issue on my C-5 hub trying to go from v2.1.3.125 to v2.1.4. When I went to http://[Your Hub IP]:8081/ it said I was running v2.1.3.128 (which was odd because all my backups were .125) Ran the restart/reboot hub again from settings and the update finally went into the initialization process.

This is what didn't work and did work for me.
I tried to up date from Chrome, Android then Safari as mentioned previously- no good. I tried rebooting, shutting down - no good.
I back dated to a previous version -no good.
Afterr downgrading I rebooted tried again and still no good then whilst it sad downloading I refreshed my screen (Android) it started downloading AND WORKED. Hope this helps for you guys