Hub unresponsive - Blue LED - Dead in the water

FYI all... fix requires a blank USB stick, which I do not own. So nothing else to see here tonight. Off to BestBuy tomorrow (Black Friday - oh fun!). :slight_smile: Thanks for everyone looking/helping!

1 Like

My apologies, it's better than exemplary. It's just that hubitat has set my expectation of support is usually within 15 minutes non-holiday. So, I assume that people take time off on holidays. Silly me. Not hubitatters. Thanks for the great support.

4 Likes

So the USB stick was the problem and not webcore?

In order To reset the hub to factory standards you need a blank usb stick. Then you need to put a file on it to reset the hub.

1 Like

Yea unfortunatly I got lots of hub deaths running WebCoRE.

I hope Rule Machine 3.0 looks like it or WebCoRE proper gets optimized for Hubitat and becomes as dependable as it was for SmartThings...

WebCoRE is two major pieces.
The App that you install on the Hubitat Hub. Pistons are run by that App.
The Editor of the Pistons. This portion can run either in the cloud OR on a local server, like an RPi.

The Pistons are edited on one system, executed (run) on the hub.

That was the problem with CoRE in it's day. The combo of runtime + editor was too too big. The editor was split off to be WebCoRE, and then the App had room to grow.. and it did :slight_smile: overtaking (replacing) CoRE.

1 Like

I have a similar problem, I bought a new hub from Amazon and the package got lost, tired of waiting ended cancelling the order and got one from a guy that decided to go with a different solution.

I plugged it today and the led is blue solid, when I go to the portal it shows there but the register button does not, if I click on the hub the browser times out. I can ping it but it is not accepting connections on port 80 or 443. Tried restarting it and same thing...

I opened a case this morning but have not gotten a response yet, not complaining but I really want to start configuring it this long weekend...

What's the file that you have to put in the USB? Maybe that works.

The USB "trick" won't help.

The Hub is still "registered" to the other guy, I suspect.. Support will get it going for you. If the other guy left his config on, Support may ask you to use the USB trick to make it like factory. But if you do that trick now, it won't help with the registration.

@bobbyD has been on this site today... I'm surprised he hasn't PM'd you

Makes sense... I'll wait for support, really hope they have some time to look at it tomorrow as my wife is visiting her mom this weekend and have some free time to play with this...

Bobby help me, indeed it was a registration issue and I'm now up and running now.

Thank you!

4 Likes

I'm curious did @kraig109 get up and running again?

Not yet. Did the USB stick reset trick, but that did not work. Since the Bobby left me about two hours with this for an ominous reply.

"This is bad. The only thing I can think of at this time, is literally starting over."

Trying to get more follow up, but he might have left for the day. I am likely facing no automation until sometime next week - and as I have to be home to work on the hub, likely time off work.

Oh I doubt that they will leave you hanging for the whole weekend. Bobby will probably be back later on, or he's in contact with someone about what to do with your hub. I've been around here long enough to know that they're not leaving you until Monday. No way. I'd have to actually witness that to believe that to happen. For some reason, I feel like it has to do with time zone for Bobby. I'll keep following. Sorry that this is happening to you.

What did it look like after you load up this file to the stick? I am just curious since I have no clue what it is. Isn't loading that file is like starting over with no apps and devices?

According to Bobby I was not going to lose my programming with that level of reset. As with what I was seeing yesterday, I was able to get in for a few seconds, I could see the top level screen with the buttons for devices, scenes and settings (etc). But it died before I could load any of the tiles.

though I did have to pick a back up copy from the 5 available. since yesterday was a bad day I went back to 11/21 and they seem to create @ 7pm for me. So I would have been dialed back to then from apps/devices point of view.

Times like this I wish HE had a backup daily to FTP option...... @bobbyD @mike.maxwell

1 Like

If you have access to a remote site or on your computer that's on 24/7, you can just do the same from this thread...

6 Likes

Ohhh nice !

Done and done !

I continued to work with Bobby, and we are up and running again. Thanks @bobbyD

Webcore is disabled, but we are running. We are working through a series of additional debug and tests to see if we can pinpoint the culprit. It is not known to be webcore and even if it is, it could be either the webcore code itself or some device that I call that I am not calling in RM (so really some device). Of course WC is used to reach devices that RM can not yet.

We are also testing other drivers (even those called in RM) as possible culprits. FYI.

8 Likes