Hub Unresponsive and Remote Admin not working

Hi folks,

I reads through the posts and tried to log in many different ways based on the posts, but nothing. I have restarted the hub at least 5 times. I have also tried all 5 of the additional router ethernet connections. Any other attempts I can make to connect?

The one shown greyed out and called SUITES HUB.

Power down totally and unplug for 10 seconds then restart.

What color is the LED on the hub?
What model Hub?

Did you have s static IP set on the hub?
Have you checked your router interface to see if the hub is connecting?
Are the LED lights on the Router port flashing? May be green and/or amber and flashing or solid.

What power supply are you using for the hub? Try a different supply and cable.

Try a network reset, hold down hidden button under hub for 7+ seconds, then let go. LED will flash then hub will reboot.

2 Likes

Thanks for these tips.

What color is the LED on the hub?
Green

What model Hub?
C-7

Did you have s static IP set on the hub?
Yes, it's the one shown in the screenshot.

Have you checked your router interface to see if the hub is connecting?
The hub connects, but then disappears and shows up as not connected. During the entire process I try to connect and it does not.

Are the LED lights on the Router port flashing? May be green and/or amber and flashing or solid.
Solid with occasional blink.
Router detects a connection, but not showing up in a client list. It is connected to port 2. I;ve tried all other ports with same behavior.
image_2023-09-01_205259378

What power supply are you using for the hub? Try a different supply and cable.
The original one, but I will try another option.

Try a network reset, hold down hidden button under hub for 7+ seconds, then let go. LED will flash then hub will reboot.
Won't this rest everything?

No just reset the networking

3 Likes

The network reset only resets network settings back to DHCP. If you truly do have a static IP set on the hub interface itself there is a good change this will fix it. It’s better to set the fixed IP on the router DHCP.

2 Likes

So I did the 7+ second network reset.
It appeared on the network.
I cannot connect using REMOTE ADMIN, but I get this when I connect locally.

I'm going to try a backup then soft reset, then restore.

Ouch, when I try to do a backup by going to ip/hub/backup is shows me this:

Best approach, but be sure to check the past Logs activity once the hub is back to learn what may have gone haywire.

Getting this when i try to access any backups.

Is there any other way for me to verify if I have a recent or any cloud backup at all?

Well turns out that is the only way to access backups from what I found from my other two hubs.

So I'm doing a soft reset, then I will be trying to access those backups from the soft resetted interface.

Here goes notihing.

You can download any of the (up to) five backups that are saved on your hub from the Diagnostic Tool

Thanks.

Just went for it and HUBITAT had like 7 cloud backups I could use.

Just waiting for it to reboot and test.

I wouldn't use cloud backups for corrupted database. Local backups to fix a database issue are better in this case.

Wow it all worked after:

1. Resetting network settings to bring it back on the network
  2. Connecting to it locally and getting the database corruption screen
  3. Performing a soft reset
  4. Restoring from latest back up

Thanks Hubitat. Every org is great when things are running smoothly. When things go wrong, that's when you find out who's got a great team behind the org.

Makes me so happy to own 3 of these hubs and I look forward to my next application.

2 Likes

Thanks.
Seems to have worked.
I will update firmware and make a local back up.

1 Like