Hub unresponsive and locking up

Came home to a mostly unresponsive house. A few things worked, most didn't.

Connected to the hub and performed a reboot. It seemed to be fine.

Got up this morning and nothing is working at all. The hub responded to ping but would not come up in a browser.

Power cycled it and it came back online.

There's a ton of errors in the logs, but they are for multitude of devices so it's not the device.

What could possibly be going on here? This hub has been rock solid Since early Sep when I installed everything and up until I installed the .118 code that apparently has some bug in it in groups and scenes. Hub and all network gear is on a rack mount business class APC UPS.

Looks like it went completely dark not long after I soft booted it last night.

These errors weren't limited to a few devices or apps, they seem to be prolific.

Looks like a database corruption.
I would take a full backup, do a soft reset then restore the backup
This should fix any issues you have with the database

Contact support@hubitat.com if you need any help doing that

Andy

Your power cycle may have corrupted the database and I would be inclined to do a soft reset and database restore. You may have other issues, but I would try the soft reset to eliminate corruption. If you still are having issues, I would contact support@hubitat.com
Soft Reset - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

The power cycle I did this morning (11-18-19) was after all the errors, the bulk of which were .

Seems to be a lot of "database corruption" recently after the .118 update.

The hub started getting slow again today and finally locked up about an hour later. Had to once again pull power - though I admit I didn't realize there was a diag tool at port 8081...

I will try the backup/reset/restore.

Exactly how prevalent is the DB corruption on this appliance? My troubles seem to have started some time after the .118 update, though perhaps just coincidental and not causal.

I also need to go turn off debug in the Inovelli drivers as it seems to flood the switch for one device that's in a rule. Of course, the rule is also suspect at this point.

the HUBIP:8081 is better than a power cycle via yanking the cord.
If it comes with with a 401 error, you have to log out then login to access the reboot.
I think the DB corruption is a small population, depending on what 3rd party software you have. My hub has been having DB corruptions monthly currently.

It's still locking up.

Things get slow, then crawl to a stop.

I'm unable to get the hub to reboot from the diag interface unless I logout/login there. I get the "Error: Request failed with status code 401"

The reboot itself seems to take longer than before as well.

Is there no way to find out what's causing this besides disabling apps that have been working fine?

When I say "working fine," that should probably include the the fact that I've had the problem following the .118 update related to the now well know issue in groups and scenes. However, I found the one group that had a null device and fixed it, restoring the accessibility of using motion lighting.

I guess I'll reach out to support at this point.

The 401 error means you have to log out and login yeah.
What custom / 3rd party apps are you running ?

1 Like

I just disabled:

BI Control
Device Watchdog
Rooms manager
Tile Master

I was only really using Rooms Manager but have been since Sep.

I feel like I'm back on Wink.

Slow again. 1.5 seconds to turn on a light from a sensor activation.

I had the log screen paused all evening. Looked at it briefly when things got slow. Paused it again and try to go to settings to reboot and nothing.

Having to logout/login the diag page is annoying.

Have support spotted anything untoward going on?

I guess I'll really have to contact support. Completely removed Rooms manager as I'd seen a few posts regarding slowness and it's still tanking daily.

Feels like I'm running Wink again, I expected so much more.

I had issues with lighting delays. I still face slow downs after a couple days.

But I basically rewrote every rule and started using the motion lighting app.

Before doing this I soft reset my hub.

To also note, for now Iโ€™m rebooting daily at 4:30am. Keeps everything running fast.

I've already done a backup/soft reset/restore.

I don't have ANY RM motion rules. They're all simple lighting (mostly), or 7 motion lighting rules. I have exactly 2 RM4 rules that control my truck block heater from the DarkSky Weather driver.

I removed Rooms Manager completely. There's a few others I disabled so the app shouldn't be running at all right?

Correct.

I never figured out the source of the problem.

Put it this way. I have two systems. One is Hubitat and one is Homeseer (which is turned off). I purchased the Homeseer 4 package and depending what Homeseer brings to the table I may only use Hubitat to interface with my zigbee motion sensors and zigbee plugs in the future.

But thatโ€™s to be seen if they bring everything I want to the table.

As for zwave I have a Homeseer dongle. So all my zwave which is only like 13 devices will be paired directly.

Obviously I just hope Hubitat sorts these issues out and I wonโ€™t have to go this direction.

1 Like

Hmmm.

Hate to jinx it, but since I did a complete shutdown, it's not showing the same symptoms.

If you still have problems I can lift the curse for a fee. You would need to give a bit of time to gather some of the ingredients. Eye of newt is not easy to come by this time of year :wink:

1 Like