Hub stuck at Initializing: 75% after 2.1.1.115 update

I noticed there was an update available this evening and decide to install it. After the update, the hub came back up and is currently hung at Initializing Hub: 75%, the LED on the hub is blue. It's been that way for well over an hour, probably closer to two hours at this point.

I can go to http://(hub ip):8081 and I get the Hubitat Update Tool, it says I am currently running 2.1.1.115 and has 3 previous versions that I can switch to.

I thought I remembered seeing a URL that would cleanly reboot the hub and thought I would try that, but I haven't been able to find it. I'm going to search a little while longer, then just switch back to 2.1.1.114 using the Update Tool.

My hub setup is fairly simple, I have 4 or 5 Iris V1 contact sensors, 3 Iris V1 smart plugs, and a Iris branded Linear Z-Wave garage door opener. I've installed Rule Machine, Chromecast Integration (to announce door openings on Google Home devices), and Maker API (so my Home Assistant instance can control a smart plug). I also installed the Yamaha Network AVR Integration from this post: [Release] Yamaha Network Receivers Basic Integration, that's the only non-built in app code that I've installed. Everything was working fine before the update.

This may be just a glitch on my hub, but I thought I would report it in case it's an indication of a bigger issue.

Thanks,
Russ

1 Like

Finally found the HTTP POST command to reboot the hub (hub_ip/hub/reboot), but it just returned the Status Initializing page. Reverted to 2.1.1.114, and it seems that all is well now.

Interestingly enough, looking at Past Logs in the Web UI seems to indicate that at least some things were working while the hub had the blue LED and reported Initializing: 75% on the web UI. I see motion and battery level reports during that time.

For now I'm going to stick with 2.1.1.114 and see how things work.

Thanks,
Russ

1 Like