Hub slowing down

After recent hub software updates I am experiencing hub slow down. My routines are running slower, like lights turning on after contact sensor is opened. I have not changed anything like install new apps or change my settings, just updated the hub software. The web interface feels slower as well. Usually a reboot helps for a short duration (haven't measured). Any thoughts?

1 Like

From what I've seen, several people have been complaining about it.
I am experience the same exact behavior you are describing. A (soft) hub reboot typically brings the hub back to normal for a few days - but eventually I'm back to the same "slowness" situation...

Your best option is probably to reach out to support@hubitat.com. They can check for some common issues that are know to cause degraded hub performance. Some of these are straightforward, easy fixes. Others require much more troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Yah. My hub came to a screeching halt yesterday. Turns out my database got corrupted. Probably from my own doing. I added and removed several pieces of hardware two weeks ago or better. Could be anything. Took a while to crash. I would maybe consider recent as being changes within the last month.

1 Like

How were you able to know your DB was corrupted? How did you recover it?

Support looked at it for me and advised on how to fix. Cuz, they're awesome. Not me, support is. I definitely recommend reaching out to them.

2 Likes

I have emailed support, let's see what they say.

1 Like

In the meantime, you said you didn't install any new apps, but on either version did/do you have any custom apps or drivers running? (Thing you saved under "Apps Code" or "Drivers Code" and then installed later.) If so, one of the first things you'll probably be asked to do is try disabling them to see if it helps.

If not, carry on. Just thought I'd mention this in case that is applicable and something you can do before they get back to you. :slight_smile:

I'm seeing the same thing