Hub seems initialized asking me to register

@Hubitat hub was frozen had to pull the power to get it to boot. now the hub is asking me to register.

seems like its back to blank state.

not sure what happened here ... could use some help.

thank you.

@patrick @mike.maxwell sorry to tag you both on a sunday morning. but could use some help on this one ... since a third of my devices are now non-operational.

not sure how the hub would get deregistered from hubitat and initialise itself?

trying to figure out what my options are.

thank you.

once i tried to register it took me to the login screen. after logging in app/devices/app code/driver code are all empty.

however the recent backups are there. restored a backup from couple of days ago which when finished took me to this screen:

this is the same screen i saw when i checking the portal this morning. so not sure if the restore has done anything ... rebooting to check.

now stuck here:

Not sure what's going on. Haven't seen where you hard reboot and your database is missing and have to restart.

When you restored from backup was it one on the hub or did you upload one?

i restored from one on the hub think i picked one that was couple of days old not the latest ones from today or yesterday.

now its just getting stuck at Initializing Hub: 10% every time.

When you say every time, every time you restore or every time you pull the plug? How long are you waiting? Give it at least 15 minutes to try to recover.

well the first time it was stuck at 10% for 25m before i pulled the plug. now its been stuck at 10% for about 25m.

how can i get this back up and running? dont want to have to discover these devices on ST ... but family is also getting pretty upset with me now. :-/

thank you.

so its been hung at 10% for 45 mins now.

any recommendation on how to get a working system back?

& @bobbyD traceroute 54.192.146.150 seems to be timing out resulting in the hub update failing.

@bobbyD thanks for all your help with this.

1 Like