Hub not updating in registered hub list (my.hubitat)

Hello,

I recently updated the IP address and name of my hubitat. It won't update on the my.hubitat portal online. It still shows with the old IP address and hub name. This is breaking my Alexa integration.

I have tried updating time from my browser in the hub settings per a post I saw related to older hubs. This didn't help.

It has been about 5 or 6 days and it still hasn't updated.

How do I get the hub to show up correctly in the my.hubitat portal?

This is a hubitat elevation C7

Thanks for the help.

How did you update your IP? Preferred method would be to do a DHCP reservation on your router; if you set a static IP on the hub it is very easy to break your connection with the cloud which would generate the issues you describe.

1 Like

Yes it is set to a static IP. I would prefer it be this way. How do I fix this? Do I have to reregister the hub?

Common issue seems to be the DNS server field. Do you have it set to
8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9

1 Like

Showing the incorrect IP on my.hubitat.com isn't what's breaking your Alexa integration. If your hub is unable to connect to the cloud is what would break Alexa and any other cloud connected service. Likely the DNS settings are the problem if your hub fails to connect, and you are certain that nothing else within your local network might be blocking the hub. Also worth checking is the hub's time. That would be another thing that could prevent your hub to connect to the internet. To check on time, go to Diagnostic Tool and select "Set hub date and time" then click "Set Time".

1 Like

I agree a DHCP on the router is a lot better than a Static on the hub. It seems it is easy to misconfigure the Static, and cause this exact issue. I have seen more problems with misconfiguring this than just about anything on this forum.

1 Like

The DNS is set to these values

If your hub is still not connecting, please send me a private message along with your hub's MAC address or hub ID and we will further look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.