Hub not responding at time?

I have the C7 version.
The other day our internet went out at our home. Ever since it has been back online our hub will not work with any z-wave devices.

I cannot connect to the hub on my phone or PC. All z-wave devices do not respond properly. However all zigbee devices, and others do just fine.
I have unplugged and plugged the hub in a few times, as well as reset our router.
The light on the hub is green.

Any suggestions?

I'll take the easy option and link to the excellent wiki setup for those troubleshooting connectivity issues like yours....

I'll admit the combination of Z-Wave and general connectivity from a PC / phone is an odd combination....

Just a tip.... pulling the power is not recommended.... indeed it is discouraged, unless under extreme circumstances, as it can lead to database corruption, amongst other issues (I assume).

Next I will throw in a few ideas of my own, likely all covered in the linked wiki....:

• Is your hub connected using an ethernet cable? Unlikely to be a Wi-Fi connection with a C-7, but thought I would check anyway...
  • Do you have an IP address reserved on your router?
  • Have you tried connecting to the hub using the diagnostic tool? Likely covered in the wiki as well as the general troubleshooting section of the HE documentation

It seems like a repetitive statement to make, but screenshots are often helpful, if you have anything useful you have noticed.... Or if anyone asks for them.

1 Like

The best way is to do this, and my go-to move for just about anything, lol, is a controlled shutdown, remove power from hub, wait 30 seconds, and re-power hub. This resets the radio(s). It can cure a multitude of problems, but perhaps it's too late for that now, but worth a shot.

I had the exact same issue, zigbee working but z-wave not, minus the connectivity thing, and the controlled shutdown/power cycle thing solved it.

But yeah, sounds like something else could be going on, as far as communicating with the hub, but I think that's a good first step. Then the Wiki, or there may be some other links on here.

Now, I'm the biggest offender on this, but try to be methodical and document what you've done.

edit: Plus, what was the nature of the internet outage? ATT? lol.

1 Like

Let's not let analysis get in the way of a quick solution... :wink:

1 Like