Hub meshed Hub variables

Just curious if anyone had tried to do this.

In RM today I was trying to add a constant to a hub variable shared from another hub. It wasn’t working so i of course thought I was having an issue with some other logic in my RM.

But I just put the single line to add a constant to a shared decimal variable in a separate RM and nothing. The variable was not adjusted.

Then I edited the RM to act on a local Hub Variable and it worked as expected.

Am I missing something or would you guys consider this a bug?

Probably a question for @gopher.ny, but I believe the intent was to have them work bi-directional.

1 Like

I can confirm that I can alter string hub variables from another hub.

It might be limited to the ADD instruction within RM. I have not fully investigated yet.

It is bi-directional. Editing linked variable in the Settings - Hub variables will update source variable. That's as far as testing went, though.

Given that 2.3.2 is about done, this will probably get some attention for 2.3.3. Changes to hub mesh infrastructure will need a proper full beta test cycle.

Absolutely understand and thank you for replying.

And yes I am able to update the decimal value on the shared hub via the Hub Variables page, just not through RM using the set variable - Add a value instruction.

But I very much appreciate that you have made them global. Way better than connectors.

1 Like