Hub mesh?

Ìt's me again,

When to enable Hub Mesh enable

Also

I have a Jasco dual outlet, when I try and activate it, the outlet comes on and instantly goes off ?

Dom

When you're using multiple hubs and you want to share devices across for rules...

What driver is it using?

2 Likes

Good afternoon Rick,

Thanks for your response,
( When you're using multiple hubs ) Do you consider Alexa as a separate hub ?
( What driver is it using? ) When I use the Jasco Dual outlet, it shows Switch 1 and Switch 2 and the following info. and without the ability of controlling on or off

• deviceType: 17479
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x25,0x27,0x70,0x7A
  • protocolVersion: 3.95
  • hardwareVersion: 255
  • firmwareVersion: 5.05
  • deviceId: 12337
  • manufacturer: 388

But if I use the Generic Z-Wave outlet, I get the On or Off control, but without the latching relay, it comes on but instantly goes off.
Dom

Multiple hubs means multiple Hubitat Elevation hubs.

2 Likes

As @jameslslate says, it's for sharing between two HE's. This can be desirable for various reasons.

When you switch to the jasco driver, click configure. Then within the device page you should see the two child instances with their respective on/off buttons. If not use the Generic z-wave plus outlet (not the generic z-wave outlet) driver and click configure.

It can be but you can't share devices back to hubitat directly. You can integrate Alexa for controlling hubitat stuff though. You can also use virtual switches on Hubitat to control devices directly on Alexa using alexa's routines.

1 Like

And this is why you @rlithgow1 are an Ambassador! I simply answered the question, you explained it and went beyond. Well done, sir!

1 Like

Not really. I fark up more answers than I get right :rofl:

1 Like

Makes sense now, thanks James.

I agree James, always good to have an individual, both knowledgeable and willing to help.

Even if he farks up sometimes has he says, its the best way to learn, by ones experience keep up the great work Rick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.