Hub mesh problem

I have a Schlage Connect BE469 lock (Z-wave). I have only one hub, so I am not sure of your setup. However, I do know that when the lock pairs with a C7 hub, it does so using S2 authentication. Since the lock is not paired directly with your second hub, there may be a security issue that is preventing it from working with the second hub.

If security is the issue why would they make a lock linkable or "mesh"able?

Not sure what's going on here. There aren't any obvious errors in the logs on either hub. Will need to spend more time investigating.

1 Like

One other thing to add is on my hub mesh page under active local hubs I cannot see the opposing hub. I am using the native hub link app to get the devices to link. I have both hubs on the same network and subnet. Also both hubs have reserved IPs in router.

EDIT Just checked and I see my shop hub now under active local hubs. It was not showing this AM.

Can I politely ask what you are actually using.
You are looking under 'Hub Mesh' but then say you are using 'Hub Link'.
This might be where the issue is. Just thinking aloud.

1 Like

I have been using the hub link app as I could never get a hub to show in the active local hubs box.

It is not.

This is the issue. Hub Link != Hub Mesh.

1 Like

If hubs keep dropping from each other's hub mesh view or keep dropping messages, please set both of them to use TCP as communication protocol.

Give hubs 2-5 minutes to find each other once both are set to use TCP and rebooted.

1 Like

So, do I remove the hub link app and only use the hub mesh from both C-7s?

Click on hub link app, there will be a remove button at the bottom. Most apps have that.
Hub mesh is a topic in itself, so it has a documentation page that explains its functionality and shows some use scenarios. Check it out.

1 Like

So here is where I am now:

1. Hub link on both hubs has been removed

2. Hub mesh is showing up fine at both hubs

3. Device is shared to proper hub

4. When I click dashboard icon to lock or unlock from the home hub nothing happens

5. When I click dashboard icon to lock or unlock from the shop hub the lock does its thing

I can see the events respond properly in the device page when the lock is commanded from its local hub. The home hub dashboard lock icon just keeps saying "sending" but nothing happens.

Are you using UDP or TCP?

I left it UPD since it has been solid most of the day.

Ok. I think @gopher.ny has suggested trying TCP?

2 Likes

I will change it and see if that helps.

Another thing to try as a test is to not use the Dashboard for testing this functionality. Instead, open up the Lock Device's details page on the hub where you're experiencing difficulties in controlling the lock. On that page, then try to lock and unlock the device. This will help to eliminate the dashboard as a potential source of error.

1 Like

Ok, here is what is happening now:

Both hubs are set for TCP mesh protocol and I can see the respective hubs. BUT....

I have to click twice on lock or unlock at the home hub shared device page. Then the lock does its thing. I can also click twice on the dashboard icon (home hub) and the lock responds.

I seem to be having a similar problem. My mesh does not consistently connect between the hubs. Looking at the document above, I don't see any way of changing from UDP to TCP in the newer version. What else should I be looking for?

I would suggest setting up a separate topic for your issue. The option for TCP vs UDP was removed earlier this year under 2.3.4, probably worth a fresh topic to discuss it further, rather than people getting confused by some of the 2-year-old details here.

3 Likes