Hub mesh "full remote device sync"

In a setup with a parent and child hub, which hub should the full remote device sync be enabled on? Is it a push from child to parent, or a pull from parent to child?

I have 1 coordinator and 3 child hubs and left the default settings for this where it syncs every 2 minutes. Haven’t had any issues.

1 Like

I believe that your answer is in the name:

The remote devices sync from the other hub. I have both hubs sync every hour. To be honest, I haven't noticed a difference between 2 minutes, 1 hour, and never. It's only necessary if communication between the hubs is interrupted, as in a crash, reboot, etc.

2 Likes

@bobbyD can you explain this paragraph from documentation on hub mesh

You can also completely disable synchronization by selecting Never . An example of how this might be used is when controlling a light from the destination hub, but you are only concerned about status updates on the source hub. This setting will stop all shared device synchronization from the source hub.

My cloud/stats hub only needs data pushed into it 99% of the time
Less 2 motion sensors on my cloud hub which feed rules on my primary hub

@gopher.ny just wondering why hub mesh dosnt show on on the run time stats page?

Don't know if this helps, but the events are still sent, but a full device sync isn't performed, so if an event is missed, the device isn't updated with a sync.

1 Like

It's so good, it doesn't take any CPU time at all :slight_smile:

Jokes aside, its implementation is very different from app/driver implementation. Runtime stats were a tool to see which apps/drivers take a toll on the hub, something that came up in support tickets regularly.

Sure, it can be done, but the development effort required for implementation is better spent elsewhere.

No prob was just trying to get an understanding of the benefit v cost of using hubmesh for my lan stuff