Hub Mesh Device Error 404

@bravenel @bcopeland @mike.maxwell

Hey Guys,

In the process of moving devices from HubConnect to Mesh I got this error. Many other devices were shared successfully before this happened.

Tried to share Ring devices... The Doorbells shared fine, but the cameras did not... In any event, I can't even delete the created shadow devices even after un-sharing from the other hub... When I click on the device, I get this error...

Error 404

deviceId was not found. com.github.jknack.handlebars.HandlebarsException: /templates/device/edit.hbs:541:103: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 /templates/device/edit.hbs:541:103

The Page requested could not be found

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please contact Support. For assistance, email support@hubitat.com or go to community.hubitat.com.

I've tried several things including hub restarts on both hubs... If I stop sharing, then the device comes up with the OFFLINE status... But still cannot delete them.

Could be something to do with parent/child device sharing. I believe you have to share the parent and child device and not just select the child device.
I haven't shared my ring devices with hub mesh yet but soon. I will hold back now :crazy_face:

So, I thought that might be the problem... I went back and shared the parent devices (2 ring locations) and the devices created successfully... But when I click on those two new ones, I get the 404 error...

I'd be happy abandoning these, but can't find a way to delete them. :slight_smile: :joy:

Again, the doorbells seem to work fine... I have two of them... But the cameras and main parent devices didn't work...

Reload a backup and try again.

Not yet... I've done about 100 changes since the last backup... Not going to go through all that again...

Want to see what the Hubitat Gods have to say...

Saw a few of these mentioned in the community posts, but they don't make any hub side log entries, leaving no clues to investigate.

I've added a special URL to deal with them, though. As long as you know the device id (it's a part of the URL that produces the 404), you can delete a device directly. Just replace 12345 in the URL below with that id, and it will be gone. Use caution - it will not ask for a confirmation.

http://your.hubs.ip.address/device/forceDelete/12345/yes

4 Likes

Thanks @gopher.ny! You see any harm trying to add them back to test again or should I leave them alone?

Update Hub Mesh doesn't seem to like the Ring devices... At least the cameras... It adds the doorbells fine and they are accessible... Tried all of it again from scratch and still get the 404 error on everything but the doorbell... They all show up, just when you click on the parent or camera (its the light driver) its a no go when you try to view or edit it...

1 Like

@gopher.ny Just as an FYI, I played with this a bunch of different ways and always get the 404 error with the added Ring cameras... Like I said before, the doorbells seem to work fine... Not sure if it has something to do with the drivers or maybe the app not being installed... (I tried that without adding the account and it didn't work either.)

However, the devices seem to work... At least as motion devices which is what I use them for... I was able to add them to the dashboard and even HousePanel and I get motion events... I just can't access the devices on their page for any settings or info... That's when I get 404... Very weird, but they work...

It looks like something can't render on the page but things work otherwise.
I'll have to look at a specific driver. And maybe it's time to get a Ring doorbell...

1 Like

I'm getting the same error with one of my iBlinds...

@gopher.ny did you ever figure out what is happening with the 404 deviceId not found? I'm seeing this when I try share a Roku TV device.

What driver do you use for Roku?

@bujvary

I curious as to why you are sharing a Roku TV device using Hub Mesh. Both the community drivers I am aware of simply create the device as a virtual device that is IP connected to a Roku TV (or Roku box). Why not simply create the device on every hub that you might need it?

Wouldn't the amount of IP traffic be exactly the same? And you'd remove the tiny latency associated with hub mesh.

The driver by AP Welsh

I just turned on Mesh and I am getting this too. Funny thing is, my Roku drivers do not depend on any external code, like the app, to work, and this happens, but my custom drivers to Hue (Advance Hue Bridge) which do depend on the app to work seem to work perfectly

Probably for the same reason I am doing it now. We can have one hub perform the network based refreshes more aggressively w/o impact the device hub performance (in theory), since only the updated devices get pushed -- and that is via a push notification, instead of interval polling.

I have a good number of WiFi and Ethernet connected devices on the same hub as the Z-Wave and Zigbee devices, so my reason for doing this is try remove all devices that aren't of the home automation protocols to another hub, reducing the overall load on the main hub to improve rule processing performance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.