Hub Mesh API?

Is there a API interface for Hub Mesh? I want to check to make sure all my hubs are connected. But if not, hmmm? Screen scrape?

Alan

Not sure I would call it a "API interface", but if you are just looking for info, the hub mesh page seems to get most of its data from /hub2/hubMeshJson

1 Like

API as in Groovy accessible. API == Application Program Interface

He knows. :slight_smile: The answer is that there is none, hence that suggestion for a possible unofficial workaround. I'm not sure what the problem you're trying to solve is, though. Are you worried Hub Mesh will spontaneously disconnect? Are you worried about the other hub just falling offline? Something else?

4 Likes

Same question.

1 Like

What I'm trying to solve is when the hubs are rebooted every once in a while, not all hubs connect to the mesh. I have to say the occurrences of this are a lot less, but if I could make an automated method that all hubs connected to the mesh, it would be nice.

As an example of this is in Hub Information, it gives the Zigbee/Z-Wave network status. I have a check on that to notify me if one of them goes offline. Call it preventative.

Alan

Have you talked to support? I've never had that happen with my hubs. Hub mesh has always linked right up after a reboot.

4 Likes

How many hubs?

@thebearmay any interest in adding hub mesh data to Hub Information driver?

1 Like

I've avoided putting down that number in writing! 3 with z-wave devices (Floors 1&2/Floors 3&4/House), 1 with Zigbee devices, and 6 others (plus 4 NIU). Basically, separated functions between hubs to prevent memory/performance issues. Also, in the middle of switching from C-5/4's to C-7s (not all, devices ones).

So, 10 in use! :slight_smile: yes overkill, but it works for me. So if one doesn't connect, it can be mean something is not working.

1 Like

What did you use before Hub Mesh? HubConnect? If so, for your setup, it may be a better choice.

I have switched completely to Hub Mesh from Hub Connect. Part of my performance issues I was having. And it had its own issues also (as does Hub Mesh, but it's faster).

Are you using TCP or UDP for hub mesh?

No, the underlying implementation is subject to change without notice.

1 Like

How did you know that I'm looking at all of that data trying to figure out what may be useful? :smiley:

5 Likes

UDP

If you did anything I would just expect a count of connected Hubs. Maybe a new field showing the names, but that would involve screen scraping.

Alan

1 Like

Still looking at the data and what I can correlate it to, but some good ideas there.

1 Like

Try using TCP (whenever convenient). You'd have to switch all hubs over to TCP, though, the two protocols don't cross talk.

1 Like

Just pushed v2.6.34 which contains a JSON string (hubMeshData) with the name, IP, offline and active statuses for each hubMeshed hub connected and a count (hubMeshCount) of hubs connected via hubMesh to this hub.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like