Hub keeps locking up

That's why it was perfect. it's ruined anyway now because it was talked about. It was impromptu.

1 Like

:pensive: Canโ€™t pleaseโ€™m all

:v:t2:

2 Likes

Yes, we are finalizing this right now actually. There's a restaurant next to us that has 42 bulbs installed and we've been flashing the beta firmware on them and speeds are almost instantaneous when changing the color on all bulbs and traffic has decreased maybe 10-20x. It's literally night and day.

@ericm will post the firmware shortly once we finalize testing.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA... bulb jokes crack me up :smiley:

1 Like

I am not sure it is the Inovelli bulbs.I removed the bulbs today(not a exclusion) from the lamps. My hub still locked up. What do I need to look for in the logs that could help me figure it out. I also added a Inovelli red dimmer. Which is the M.Bedroom Light in the logs below. I added that after the hub locking up started. Looks like it locked up right after the debug logs came in at 7:45. I rebooted the hub just after 9. Thanks for the help.

Not being that familiar with every option that Inovelli Red has, these have power reporting?

What do you have power reporting set to? A screenshot of your device page would probably be helpful.

Setting power reporting to too low or too often of a threshold is a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Also on that note, there was a bug in the original firmware of the inovelli switches where the power reporting wasn't actually stopped when you turned it off. I would set the power reporting intervals high to reduce that until you can update the firmware.

1 Like

I guess it's more of a curiosity than anything else, but what is going on with the timestamp for the Lutron telnet connection?

I changed the power reporting to 100 on the red. Had a another lock up today. I just learn about the diagnostic tool the other day and was able to connect to that and reboot it. Here is the log after the reboot. Screenshot_20200613-221528|250x500

We haven't seen lockup issues, but definitely slow down when multiple color changes are issued in some scenarios. It is usually when multiple bulbs are involved. We have modified the firmware to not send color reports unsolicited which makes a big difference on some hubs like Hubitat.

2 Likes

Just upgraded 5 of these... working well so far - very responsive. Thanks again!!!

2 Likes