Hub is unavailable, Blue light

@bobbyD I had to do some rewiring, so I shut down the hub. I plugged it back in when done with the wiring. It now shows a blue light. It doesn't respond at either its address, nor at port 8081. If I ping it, I get 10 responses, then 10 no response, then 10 responses, etc. Unplugged hub, nothing responds to the address, so it isn't duplicate devices. Also tried pressing reset button on bottom of hub. Help?

What model is your hub? If you cannot reach port 8081, that's usually indicative of a network problem. I am concerned about the blue light if the hub is C5/C7. It is highly unusual for the platform not to start (blue light) after a power cycle. You could try powering off the hub again. Even if the hub has persistent blue light, the Diagnostic Tool should still be reachable, so may need to troubleshoot the network cable, reboot router, etc.

1 Like

It's a C7.

I finally tried everything, and the final step was replacing the power adapter. That fixed the issue. I've got a USB tester at home and see what's going on with it. Thanks, Bobby.

3 Likes

I thought everything was OK, but now realize that none of the Zigbee devices are responding. I have turned off/on Zigbee, rebooted hub, backed up/soft reset/restored hub. I also can't re-add a Zigbee device that was already on the hub. Is Zigbee broke for good?

Here is the Zigbee table

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[🎚 Noise Machine, 74A4], LQI:250, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:0
[🎚 Wax Machine, AB3B], LQI:110, age:6, inCost:7, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [null, 0000] via [null, 0000]

Have you tried powering down the hub (shutdown, followed by disconnecting power) for 10 minutes?

Just did, no change. I did notice that there was a message once the UI came up that Zigbee wasn't started. By the time I looked, it was up.
...10 minutes later...
I just tried re-adding a device and it worked. And now everything is looking good. Thanks @aaiyar and @bobbyD !

1 Like

With all the dirty power ups and downs you could have a somewhat corrupt database too.

Go to settings>>backup and restore. Click the DOWNLOAD button at the bottom and save your backup. (this will ensure the backup is corruption free)

Go to yourhubip:8081 and do a soft reset and when prompted restore from the backup you made to your pc.

Hopefully that will prevent future issues.

2 Likes

Thanks. I've done that already.

1 Like

lol wtf did I just buy and put on my LAN? Solid blue light immediately after powering it on and missing assets in dev console:

GET http://192.168.xx.xx:8081/javascript/jquery-3.1.0.min.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)
recovery:9 GET http://192.168.xx.xx:8081/css/styles.css net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)
recovery:8 GET http://192.168.xx.xx:8081/css/bootstrap.min.css net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)
recovery:15 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at factoryrecovery (recovery:15:17)
at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (recovery:149:118)

What model hub?

Had a blue light so I followed the faq guide which is probably outdated. The update installed an older version so I had reverted back. Got things working and figuring things out now.

1 Like